Corsair Community

HX850i shuts down after 1 seconds then restarts after 5

grimvarg

Hi,

I installed a brand new HX850i last weekend. Worked like a charm on the first boot. But I started to notice that if the PC has been turned off for a few hours it won't boot on the first attempt.

What happens when I press the start button is that everything starts to "boot up", but then it all shuts down after a seccond. I most cases is restarts it self after a few seccond. But other times I must push the start button manually.

After this the system works like it should. If I turn the PC of for just a little while I never have this problem.

Adding a picture to the thread so for the voltage, power etc. (running gears 5)

Any clues what this can be? I suspect the PSU sine that is the last installed part in the pc, and I have never had this problem before.

Skjermbilde.PNG.eb4106183d97751576afb86941d5eb66.PNG

This could also be related to a bad POST. If your motherboard provides post codes or debug LEDs the could help in figuring this out.

What I did find out is that having more then one harddrive affects the boot process. Remove the seccond one and the pc starts up the normal way. Add it again and the issue is there.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the mothderboard. It is after all close to 9 years now (Asus P67). The same goes for the CPU and memory.

So, consider this thread closed and I can come back if the problem is there after installing new cpu,, mb and memory.