Corsair Community

ICUE causing PCto freeze and hang

Orso-Wolf

So I needed some new case fans for my PC and bought myself 5 Corsair iCUE QL140 RGB fans.

I got them all installed and running and installed the ICUE software. Two days later I noticed my PC started randomly freezing, and hanging. The mouse became unresponsive, programs and apps would hang and not do anything, I couldn't use file explorer to do anything like move, copy or delete files because it would just freeze up explorer. The start menu started to not work or take a long time to load and my whole PC became unusable. The only fix would be to force turn off my PC.

I done a lot of digging and testing it it turns out ICUE was the culprit. I immediately uninstalled and now my PC is back to running smooth as melted butter.

Here aremy specs:

i9 9900K

Asus Geforce RTX270 Super

16GB ram

Aorus Pro Z390 Mobo

Windows 10 Pro 1903 (build 18362.592)

Anyone else had any similar problems?

Yeah I checked but not really sure what I'm looking for.

As soon as I uninstalled ICUE all my problems went away, so I'm not sure what to do now. I have £200 worth of pretty looking fans that I can't customize, which was the whole point of me buying them in the first place :(

Edited by Orso-Wolf

Fusion will not interfere with anything from icue. it will try and take over controlling your corsair ram's rgb, but based on the part number in your specs I think you have team group. I have been using both for a while now and the last time they interfered with each other was early in fusion 1.0. I however am not a fan of anything related to appcenter.. uninstall it, learn to flash the bios using qflash and setup fan curves in the bios. Appcenter has gotten better over the years, but it still causes issues.

Flashing the bios in qflash isn't a problem, that's how I usually do it as i've never had any luck using @bios :)

To be honest the only reason I use appcentre is for the preset fan settings in smart fan 5 auto, it has quiet, standard, performance and full speed which I find useful. I really don't anything else.