Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Hi Corsair,

I've had my Virtuoso RGB Wireless headphones for about a week now and I've been having some weird issues.

The main problem has been that it seems like every other time I boot up my PC my headset won't connect to the wireless dongle. I turn on my PC and the dongle light flashes red. My first thought was that the battery was low so I plugged it up via USB-C to USB to my PC and there was no reaction. No lights or anything that indicated that it was charging or that it was getting power. I tried different ports on my PC, different cables, even tried plugging it into the outlet I use to charge my phone. Still nothing.

What ends up happening is in iCUE I go to the headset (which shows unavailable) and I try the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" option about 10-15 times and eventually, by some type of magic it seems, the headset finally lights up and connects to the dongle. I'm not sure what the issue is. The first time this happened the battery was about medium life (according to the gauge in the system taskbar) and the second time I left them charging connected to my PC while I got some work done, I go to use them and the same thing happens. Only this time they connect and the battery is critical somehow. And I just went through this a third time today.

Any ideas as to what could be happening? I love this headset but this is a very annoying 30 min process to go through every other time I want to use them. Thanks in advance.

I have had a similar problem, where as I went to use the headset one day and the dongle and headset were disconnected. Ive tried restarting my pc, updating iCue, and repairing the transmitter with the headset, even plugging both headset usb cable and transmitter into different usb ports, I have not been able to get them to reconnect. Is there something I can do?

A couple weird things I've noticed so far.

- Virtuoso SE freezes peripheral controls when switching from wireless to USB mode

- With standby enabled, headset turns off when in gaming applications, (so far tested in Dark Souls III, Dead Cells, Divinity II Original Sin)

- Switching modes while in game applications (USB to Wireless and vice versa) completely kills sound in the application. Have to restart application in order to get the sound back.

- External port on the Corsair K70 M2 Keyboard briefly couldn't identify both USB cable into PC and Dongle plugged into cable at the same time.

At any given time, I have no idea how wireless and USB mode will interact. I feel like this needs to be addressed and made significantly more seamless. So far it's day two, I remember some big issues with the void headset when it was released. Hopefully this will be addressed sooner than later.

Answeres below

A couple weird things I've noticed so far.

- Virtuoso SE freezes peripheral controls when switching from wireless to USB mode

Same here, doesn't seem like a bug, when you switch from Wireless to Wired make sure you aren't gaming or doing anything sound related as it will remove the hardware and re-add a different hardware

- With standby enabled, headset turns off when in gaming applications, (so far tested in Dark Souls III, Dead Cells, Divinity II Original Sin)

Move your head more often or raise the standby time in iCUE

- Switching modes while in game applications (USB to Wireless and vice versa) completely kills sound in the application. Have to restart application in order to get the sound back.

Could it be due to the default audio output? I would advise to disable anything you don't use.

The Virtuoso uses 2 different hardware names for Wireless and USB

- External port on the Corsair K70 M2 Keyboard briefly couldn't identify both USB cable into PC and Dongle plugged into cable at the same time.

Not enough power maybe? I haven't tried this tho.

At any given time, I have no idea how wireless and USB mode will interact. I feel like this needs to be addressed and made significantly more seamless. So far it's day two, I remember some big issues with the void headset when it was released. Hopefully this will be addressed sooner than later.

"iCUE now supports Windows Spatial Sound so users can enable their own audio surround sound solutions."

<3 my suggestion was heard. So dolby atmos might be possible. have to try.

Confirmed (with iCue 3.25.60), I am now using Dolby Atmos and - big improvement.

I have thought for a while that the majority of the issues I have had with poor sound quality had stemmed from bad drivers or something in the way iCue was processing audio (I was getting crackles & pops, terrible bass, and worst for me - unusable stereo in Apex Legends).

For a while I had a workaround using Voicemeeter to equalize and pipe sound differently. But, I held out on these only because my very first experience using them was on my work PC without iCue installed (or its broken launch day drivers), and they sounded amazing then.

If I hadn't tried them at work I 100% would have returned them as defective.

But - this last update has resolved the issues I had, they sound great again. I can even use the dongle plugged into my Corsair ST100. (Which was another ridiculous problem).

The only caveat - when I'm using Dolby they no longer show up in iCue. A small price to pay for having my expensive headphones actually work at last.

If anyone else is in the same boat as I was, I highly encourage you to try them with Dolby Atmos.

Confirmed (with iCue 3.25.60), I am now using Dolby Atmos and - big improvement.

I have thought for a while that the majority of the issues I have had with poor sound quality had stemmed from bad drivers or something in the way iCue was processing audio (I was getting crackles & pops, terrible bass, and worst for me - unusable stereo in Apex Legends).

For a while I had a workaround using Voicemeeter to equalize and pipe sound differently. But, I held out on these only because my very first experience using them was on my work PC without iCue installed (or its broken launch day drivers), and they sounded amazing then.

If I hadn't tried them at work I 100% would have returned them as defective.

But - this last update has resolved the issues I had, they sound great again. I can even use the dongle plugged into my Corsair ST100. (Which was another ridiculous problem).

The only caveat - when I'm using Dolby they no longer show up in iCue. A small price to pay for having my expensive headphones actually work at last.

If anyone else is in the same boat as I was, I highly encourage you to try them with Dolby Atmos.

Can confirm as well but unfortunately it's only 2 channel format under the sound settings. With iCue entirely uninstalled, it's 8 channel format. Still, this is a good improvement.

Hi team.

I'm back with a little feedback on my current issue.

When i start my pc, my ICUE profil won't be found and the color i've selected with the profile is not there.

I need to open the app for it to change from "unavailable" my profile "Virtuoso (1)"

It's super annoying to do this every time i start my computer. Sometimes the app itself won't open and i need to force close it from Task Manager for it to work.

Dongle Firmware V. 016.80

Firmware V. 0.17.149

My headset died yesterday, when i plug it in with the USB C cable it just flashes all the LEDs in the headset red and it makes a constant beeping noise.

Hi, i had exact the same issue! then i pushed the mute button for about 10 second switching wireless and usb mode and the headset came back alive.

Edited by Kuzttom

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

7.) Particular content that was played

Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 - DAC specific USB, Normal USB 3.0, USB HUB - all same results

Many different games, even Youtube, movies

I just sent these back last week for RMA, but I just updated to newest, still occurring

100%. It has always been quiet, so maybe I missed something for that too?

Flat defaults

Games, videos, Movies

Guys, first off thank you for the feedback you are providing. Not sure if all of you have seen that there was an update to both iCUE (3.21.88) and firmware for Virtuoso. If you haven't already performed the updates, please do so as it will improve some of the topics you guys brought up. We are working on more updates to address additional items that were brought up, but we want to ensure proper testing is performed in our validations process.

For those of you experiencing crackling during games, can you respond back with the following information:

1.) What system are you using (motherboards and USB port)

2.) What game are you using? Did you enable SW sound settings like Atmos in Overwatch, for example?

3.) SW version

4.) FW version

5.) System volume level

6.) EQ settings in iCUE

7.) Particular content that was played

Some of you already have system specs listed, but I would like you to provide it in your post just in case you have changed anything. I'll relay the information to our validations and software teams as you guys provide it.

1. Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master 3.0 DAC-UP port/3.1 Port (Tried both)

2. Any game or even idle on the desktop just chatting in discord. Happens less frequently after switching to Atmos for Headphones

3. 3.25.60

4. Dongle: 0.16.80

Headset: 0.17.149

5. 48%

6. Flat in iCue and and in Atmos maybe 1db boost on 4kHz-16Khz and 1 db cut on 250Hz

7. Voice and game audio

Come to think of it I'm not sure it's ever started crackling when not in a Discord call but I could be wrong about that because that's usually when I'm using this headset

Hi, i jsut bought my virtuoso se and noticed that my USB C is a bit loose when connected. Do you guys have same? i can move it with very little force

Mine wobbles also a bit to the left and right. Think this is normal as long as it doesn't disconnect easy.

Just got the virtuoso yesterday. Apart from the flashing red dongle. Everything worked perfectly. Until it went from a full charge to critical in 4hours...

EXACTLY Same problem i have. My second unit did the same also.

Edited by Tracyfox

Hi guys, I bought corsair virtuoso se headphones a week ago. Everything is very beautiful. When I make a wireless connection, the light of the usb receiver is flashing red. It turns off after a few minutes and no color is lit.Not just colorless black. But there is sound coming from the headphones( No problem on headset voice or music) . Only rarely is there a momentary rupture. The receiver is right next to me. It is said that when the booklet is linked, it should illuminate white. I don't have any color.. Sorry my bad english.Pls help me.

My dongle firmware: V.0..16.80

Firmware : V.17.149

Edit: When i delete on control panel icue program. Led will okey stabil white. But i install icue prog. led will blink red. what can i do ? But the headset works everything is okey good.

Edited by Aolzarin

Hello every one,

I didn't read all of the posts, too many.. And I know i'm not the only one who have this problem, everyone has it, + 1 more.

I just bought this beautiful Virtuoso RGB SE yesterday and ... I'm disappointed.

Just before the installation, I uninstalled the program I had for my previous headset (Arctis 5 from steelseries) and reboot my computer. Then I plugged the dongle and the headset, did the update of iCue (I have a K70, so I already had the program (I'm on the V.3.26.95 of iCue)) and did the update of the dongle / headset : 0.16.80 / 0.17.149.

On iCue : the dongle is linked to the headset, well good, unplug the headset and switch to bluetooth, white light aaaaaaaaaaand mother****ing red light who's blinking. The headset is still working, music and micro, but 5 min after when my mates speaks, "scrchschrhshcrhchs" ... I already tried all the manipulation to do with the drivers, reboot, uninstall, reinstall the drivers and ICue, no change.

I don't think I have the problem with the battery, I haven't used it long enough to know.

I didn't changed anything on the Windows paramaters, maybe used the "Sonic Windows machin truc" and deactivated it, but nothing more.

I'm on Windows 10 pro 64 version 1909 : 18363.693.

If any information is missing, don't hesitate to ask me

Atypik.

Just a quick question: Is the switch supposed to be that loose? Not only up and down to switch modes but also inwards (vertically up when wearing it, to explain better), there is a loud rattle in the right ear thanks to its looseness. Even faster head movement or brushing against a pillow causes the rattle. Pondering about returning it because it's really distracting esp. in the pillow usage scenario.

Video of the wobbly bastard.

Second, disabling the idle detection in iCUE doesn't seem to work. It still switches off randomly. For now I've set it to 99 minutes which seems to help a bit.

@JustBrownie: Happens to all of us I'd guess and hope Corsair can patch it in future iCUE-versions.

PS:

No %-age charge indicator sucks and I don't buy the UX-consistency excuse.

You can only display one in Windows tray anyway so there is no possibility of a design clash there, the devices are all on separate settings-tabs so no direct comparison there either...if the hardware is capable of showing % then damn well use it!

Edited by Wake

Just a quick question: Is the switch supposed to be that loose? Not only up and down to switch modes but also inwards (vertically up when wearing it, to explain better), there is a loud rattle in the right ear thanks to its looseness. Even faster head movement or brushing against a pillow causes the rattle. Pondering about returning it because it's really distracting esp. in the pillow usage scenario.

Video of the wobbly bastard.

Second, disabling the idle detection in iCUE doesn't seem to work. It still switches off randomly. For now I've set it to 99 minutes which seems to help a bit.

@JustBrownie: Happens to all of us I'd guess and hope Corsair can patch it in future iCUE-versions.

PS:

No %-age charge indicator sucks and I don't buy the UX-consistency excuse.

You can only display one in Windows tray anyway so there is no possibility of a design clash there, the devices are all on separate settings-tabs so no direct comparison there either...if the hardware is capable of showing % then damn well use it!

I can confirm that the switch is loose.

@Tracyfox Thanks for the info. Edit: Nvm, other users seem to indicate otherwise.

Odd that a Youtuber answered the opposite when I asked in a comment on a relatively recent video about the headset.

Edited by Wake