Corsair Community

Cancelling Order

So Thursday I ordered some RAM on the Corsair site. I bought it from the European web store, so I assumed that my order would be dispatched from an European distribution centre. Yet to my surprise, it seems to ship from Taiwan.

I guess I should not have assumed that, but I feel that this was very misleading why do we even have a European web store when your order will be dispatched outside Europe anyways? (Plus the lack of shipping times, is also very annoying!)

As a consequence I probably won't receive my RAM for quite a while. I have received a shipping notification, but looking at it only shipment information was created (and received). There have been no updates since then (07/11, local 16:51 Taiwan time).

I was wondering whether this order could still be cancelled, as it hasn't actually shipped yet. I did submit a support ticket, but I suspect that getting a response will take a while. I have already bought the same product locally, so I have no need for this anymore.

So is it still possible to cancel right now?

Support ticket: 2000768689

Order number: 4000103247

SKU: CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

• Corsair Employee

We would usually have majority of our items in stock at the warehouses in Europe, but sometimes they run out of stock and need to be booked out of one of our other warehouses that has your requested item in stock.

Please understand that there is processing time when placing an order and the team would need more than 1/2 a day to get your item ready to ship out.

Of course it is possible that a warehouse runs out of stock. The thing that bothers me, is that there seems to be no indication at all whether something is in stock or not.

I mean I would think that something would be in stock unless it was explicitly stated to be out of stock.

I don't understand why it is not possible to list the shipping times on the item pages and / or maybe which warehouse will be used. This would avoid so much confusion, the current state is just not clear enough.

Anyways, would cancelling still be possible, as this was my main question.

Just got off the phone with Corsair Support, order cannot be cancelled anymore as it is already with the carrier. They recommended me to just reject the order once it arrives to me.

I guess that answers my questions, a bit frustrating but it is what it is.

Also got your response @ Corsair Wootaru

Thanks again for your responses.

Edited by Kit37