Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum | Pump header does not illuminate with MSI x470 Gaming Plus

Alright I am having this same issue with my H100i Platinum RGB pump head led not working. As with everyone else, icue picks it up and displays as if everything is working fine but it must certainly is not. I have tried all suggestions in this topic and was stoked to see that there was something that seemed to be working to fix the problem. So I took off my back panel and was excited to try plugging in my pump into a sata Port with no other peripherals plugged into that cable but my excitement was immediately laid to rest when I came to realize that this was already the way I had it set up.

So clearly my issue is not the same as many others. My system specs are:

Mobo: MSI Z390 GAMING PLUS

CPU: CORE I7 8700K

GPU: EVGA XC ULTRA GEFORCE RTX 2080

MEMORY: 16GB PATRIOT VIPER GDDR

COOLING: H100I PLATINUM SMART RGB 700W

I'm starting to wonder and maybe I just happen to be that lucky guy that did get a pump with an actual dead led system in the pump but I doubt it.

So is there no solution yet for this? Just purchased my h100i plantinum and when I installed it All leds were working but the pump ones.

I also have a msi motherboard. I hope they do an update or tell us how to solve this as it sucks to have it and not be able to have it working properly!!

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.

My SATA is plugged on a PSU (Thermaltake SMART 700w) SATA power cable with no other peripherals plugged into that cable and it does not illuminate. However i tried with another PSU (Only the sata connector and a paperclip to short the 24 pins connector to start the PSU) and it started pumping and illuminated immediatly.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Its not the motherboard - it is always the power supply.

Tried 2 different Thermaltake Powersupplies - both did not work.

Used 2 different PSU Tester on them - no errors.

Switched to bequiet und a cheap Xilence - both worked - Pump LED light up.

So .. if you pumps LEDs not working - change your PSU / Powersupply.

I had the same problem. Its not the motherboard - it is always the power supply.

Tried 2 different Thermaltake Powersupplies - both did not work.

Used 2 different PSU Tester on them - no errors.

Switched to bequiet und a cheap Xilence - both worked - Pump LED light up.

So .. if you pumps LEDs not working - change your PSU / Powersupply.

That would seem to indicate a problem with the 5V rail.

• 2 months later...
Me pasa lo mismo a mi. La cambie por otra y sigue igual. El programa icue detecta la bomba y funciona correctamente pero no se ilumina.

Mi equipo es:

Gigabyte z390 gaming x

2x8gb corsair vengance

Gigabite 2080 gaming oc

Tracers mars vulcano 750w

Y todo montado en una Corsair spec omega rgb

He llegado a pensar que sea problema de la fuente de alimentacion pero es un simple Sata

Al final en que ha quedado el tema, tengo el mismo problema con dos liquidas iguales la H100i Platinum y la normal. Todo funciona bien menos el RGB de la bomba.

• Corsair Employee
Al final en que ha quedado el tema, tengo el mismo problema con dos liquidas iguales la H100i Platinum y la normal. Todo funciona bien menos el RGB de la bomba.

Con todo lo que mencionas si hemos estado pensando que el problema podria ser la fuente. Si puedes tratar de usar otra?

• 3 weeks later...

Does the h100i use 3.3v pins for the RGB lighting?

Asking because if it does you must check to make sure you are using a 5 wire SATA plug (and not a 4 wire) from your power supply and that it remains 5 plugs all the way to the pump.

Many sata cables are lacking the orange (3.3v) wire. Also because molex doesn't support 3.3v, an attached molex adatper in the chain will remove it's 3.3v capabilities.

TL/DR: Try a 5 wire SATA cable.

Edited by neiljr2123

• 3 months later...
Does the h100i use 3.3v pins for the RGB lighting?

Asking because if it does you must check to make sure you are using a 5 wire SATA plug (and not a 4 wire) from your power supply and that it remains 5 plugs all the way to the pump.

Many sata cables are lacking the orange (3.3v) wire. Also because molex doesn't support 3.3v, an attached molex adatper in the chain will remove it's 3.3v capabilities.

TL/DR: Try a 5 wire SATA cable.

This solved the issue for me! I counted the pins in the PSU SATA cable and it only had 4, so I reconnected to a 5 pin and worked like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...
This solved the issue for me! I counted the pins in the PSU SATA cable and it only had 4, so I reconnected to a 5 pin and worked like a charm.

Had the same issue I bought mine last week everything worked except the pump LEDs and I really did not want to strip it back out and send it back i tried everything then read the post above.

I opened my case to fit my new gfx card and low and behold I had 2 sets of 3 SATA power connectors from my PSU one with 4 wires and one with 5.

Plugged a 5 wire into the pump and it now lights up like a Christmas tree

Thank you jdtechgear

Now i have an issue with one of the led fans going off, both come on first boot then the leds on one fan go off within a minute :o

Edited by WookieSM

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm having a very similar issue and I also have a Msi motherboard. I've even returned the original one and recieved another. However I'm still having the same issue the pump,fans and fans LEDs work but not the led for the pump. Any solutions?

I'm having the exact same issue, I just installed the other day everything is connected properly and the LED on both fans work its just the pump.

• 6 months later...
I just installed the corsair h100i Platinum se. Everything is in working order except for the pump rgb. Fan rgb is fine. I have a thermaltake 750w and don't understand why that would be an issue. If it's a sata issue I sure wish corsair would start labeling their fan products with more precise compatibility guidelines.

• 9 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Corsair Jam said:

Hello Everyone,

Can you attempt a force update of the firmware within iCue? See if this helps and if you have any troubles performing this, please let me know. If you have a ticket going for something similar, can you please PM your ticket numbers.

How do you force the firmware update? Where can i download it? I have the samme issue, pump is not detected by icue

5 hours ago, CarlosFX2108 said:

How do you force the firmware update? Where can i download it? I have the samme issue, pump is not detected by icue

If CUE does not see the device, then you don't have a normal way to force load the firmware.  Contact Corsair Support for the next step.