Corsair Community

Corsair K83 HTPC keyboard

Goat1

Is there any way to remap the volume wheel to scroll for web pages. This would be stupid if you can't. This is geared towards home theater, we use our receivers for sound, so the volume control is useless.

It would be very useful as a scroll wheel. Wish you could change the colors also.

I have,didn't work, but maybe I have to turn gestures on.

Yes, you do. I thought they were enabled by default? BTW - this is pretty standard for trackpad interfaces these days. My laptop and my other wireless keyboard/mouse combos with a track pad all do this.

• 2 weeks later...

I also find it quite frustrating, that we can't remap the volume wheel, especially because I CAN do it on my K70 which is controlled by the same piece of software...

Also, the keyboard was clearly intended to be (at least sometimes) gripped by the sides, like a gamepad. In that scenario, it would be perfect to use the volume wheel for scrolling.

• 1 month later...

This keyboard is a terrible design. I'm going to let it collect dust and order the same IOgear HTPC keyboard I had. Its not back lit, but, they just designed it right. Look where the mouse button are. That's where they should be. Look at the scroll wheel, perfect for web browsing.

What the hell Corsair? Why is there a big button under the keyboard that you hit everytime you pick the damn thing up. Why can't you remap these buttons..

If you want a the perfect HTPC that will be the gold standard.. Please let me design it. Just sayin..

Edited by Technobeard
Removed link

• 1 month later...

Honestly, this keyboard is a disaster! Terribly thought out keyboard. Why would you put a giant back button right on the back of the keyboard where you are going to grab it? Whoever engineered this thing is an idiot of the highest level. i could design the perfect home theater keyboard. everything about this keyboard sucks!

I updated the software to the newest version and now I can't remap any keys and even the left click activation when you single tap the mouse pad doesn't work anymore. there is a logitech keyboard at best buy for $25 I'm going to get.. I have a lot of Corsair stuff and this things is terrible.. Everything on the right side, the scroll wheel and all of the buttons, you can remap any of them.. What a waste. I'm going to throw it back in the box and shelf it.. Truly a POS!

• 1 month later...

I bought this K83 keyboard and almost immediately returned it to the seller.

It would perfectly find my needs (RF mode + 2x BT devices) but it is just unusable.

Finish quality - perfect. No doubts about it.

Ergonomics - questionable. Why does it have glossy touchpad where finger touches are instantly visible and finder sticks to the surface rather than just slide easily ? Why is the touchpad rounded, not rectangle ? Why back button is located on the bottom where it can be pressed accidentaly very easily ? Why volume roll can be so easily and accidentally turned ?

I could withstand all of that drawbacks for its features if not just terrible wireless range. If lying on my legs, it can hardly talk to the connected devices from 3 metres (9 ft). It is too much for this device then. Cursor does not work or jumps all over the screen.

If I keep it in the air or if I keep it vertically so that its plastic bottom is directed towards the controled devices, then it gets better and 3 metres works 'just' but then its nothing close to ergonomic use. Even then touchpad is nowhere close to being 'precise'. Using it is just like a torment.

I think the aluminium front limits E-M waves propagation and they put too small antenna inside and in the wrong place (somewhere in the middle). I couldn't verify this theory because this KB cannot be easily disassembled (no screws, just glue).

It's not the problem of the location/interference/E-M noise etc. because in the same room Logitech K400 (RF) and K830 (RF/BT) worked perfectly at 3 metres. iPad can talk to my BT headphones over 10+ metres (30+ feet) crossing two walls...

Logitech still does not have counterpart to K83. (Multi-device K375s has no touchpad, K830 is not easily switchable between multiple RF+BT devices).