View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 03:35 AM
The Doppelgamer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834176
The Doppelgamer Reputation: 10
Default Overclocking AMD-FX CPU,need cooling help!

Hello everyone! I'll try to provide as much information about my issue as I can while keeping it as short as possible to not make a wall of text :P

I'm using the AMD-FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor and I'm having an incredibly hard time trying to figure out the best "bang for your buck" cooler to use to keep my CPU safely cooled while auto-overclocking it with my MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard's "OC Genie" feature.

First of all let me start by saying that I'm trying to stay under $75 if possible. I just bought Corsair's Hydro-Series H60 from newegg.com for $60 and it has not arrived yet. I'm having second thoughts weather it will suffice for keeping my CPU cooled while overclocking, and once it arrives I can't open it and test it because if I decide to take it back they'll charge me a $15 restocking fee if it was opened. So I need to figure out if I should return it, and if so, then what should I get to replace it? Perhaps a refurbished H105 for $75?

I'm using Thermaltake's MK-1 comptuer case, the rear exhaust can only hold a single 140mm or 120mm so unfortunately I can't mount a double wide radiator there. the top exhaust should be able to mount a double wide radiator, but I think I'll have to remove both of my 200mm fans and I'd rather not do that if possible.

I can't for the life of me figure out how powerful of a cooling system I will need and I'm really hoping someone can help me.

Last edited by The Doppelgamer; 01-31-2016 at 03:50 AM.