View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 07:09 PM

POST ID # = 878287
Tyler_Rose Reputation: 10
Default Could this psu be the problem of my crashes?

Specs:
(PcPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fWMH4C)
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gpu: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card
Psu: Corsair VS 650W 80 Plus
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: Dell S2415H 23.8" 60Hz Monitor

Running windows 10 EDUCATION 64-bit

My pc keeps crashing when i launch dota 2 and i try to play it. Not instantly, it takes around 5-15 mins. Then i ran heaven benchmark to see if everything is ok. It was not, it crashed every single time. I started doing tests for the parts on my setup individually.

FurMark: I put everything on max, 6k resolution, x 8 anti aliasing for 15 minutes. My gpu didn't crash, i had around 13 fps and 80C degrees (176F) . No matter how many times i ran this, it never crashed

Prime95: My cpu also never crashed and it was using all 4 cores for 10 minutes at its 100%.

I also ran memtest and it was completed with no problems.

Yesterday i disabled the turbo of my cpu and i was able to complete heaven benchmark and play a game against bots with vsync locked at 60fps. Today i was trying to find a solution so i turned turbo on once again. I updated bios as well. Crashed every single time on Heaven Benchmark and Dota 2. I turned turbo off again but this time it also crashed!!

The crashes that i am getting are some plain grey and some plain blue screens. The type of error is kernel power type 41. I found that on system log

Does anyone here know whats the issue? Is it a software issue? A hardware issue? Could windows 10 be the problem? Maybe the psu? Please guys if there is anyone that knows about this, i am searching non stop on every site the last 2 days and i cant find anything :(