Corsair Community

Using two keyboards at the same time in iCue

At the moment, I only use one Corsair K70 keyboard, but it's one of the first models. I'm probably going to buy another, newer one (with more visible LEDs) and I don't really want to sell this one off or have it collect dust.

I'd like to use both keyboards on my desk with the iCue software, preferably the new one for typing, gaming... normal stuff, and the extra for macros.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a repost or not since there's tons of threads, but I didn't see anything, at least in the titles, that looked like what I was wanting.

I was just playing around with this last week when I was comparing my Rapid Fire and Brown K95P boards. Yes, you can use them with both plugged in. Both keyboards will functioning normally and show up as different device in CUE. As such, it is possible to program different lighting effects for each keyboard, but you will have to do this in each profile. So, you can make one go black for Game X or be lit for MS Word, etc., but you will have to program it. Otherwise, it will apply the existing lighting profile to both keyboards. Reactive lighting effects will only occur on the keyboard where strokes are registered.

EDIT: Obviously both my boards were identical other than switch type. I don't know how existing lighting profiles would be applied to a different keyboard model, like if you paired a Strafe with a K95P. That might require individual tailoring for each profile.

Edited by c-attack

I suspect we misunderstood the OP. I think he wanted a macro only keyboard?

If so, there are options, but they are all pretty terrible at the current time. In other words, CUE iCUE alone cannot tell which keyboard is which and do different stuff.

you can go about it two different ways, either using obliton (i dont recommend it even though it works pretty good), or by using a hid registration and custom programming the macro keys - but that's a pain.

CUE will just run the same actions on both boards. You can do like a bucky bit mode inside (or outside) of CUE that says, hey i am on keyboard 1 and now I am on keyboard 2. That could defeat the purpose i suppose - may depend on what your setup is.

Edited by hastegag
embarrassing grammar error
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

So...will this be fixed in the future? I see no reason why an effect or macro or something else should automaticly be active on two or more keyboards or mice.

You see every single device in iCue, so you should be able to edit each device for itself.

While I tested this stuff some of my lightning-effect-key-allocations got lost, just by changing the profiles.

I see two keyboards in iCue (K95 and K95 Platinum). I choose ONE Keyboard in iCue, so that this one is underlined in yellow and the other one ist not.

And anyway, every profile-change or action/macro/effect applays to both keyboards!

Why should I choose one of the two keyboradas if both get affected anyway?

This makes absolutely no sense...

So...will this be fixed in the future?

Maybe, let's hope i think it could be a nice add. I personally don't have a use for (or an ability to memorize) more macro keys, but if you didn't have a k95 and a scimitar, or even at home if you wanted to use a k63 for a massive macro board, it could be a really cool feature.

You probably can do this with the macro keys in the register_callback SDK example if you also simultaneously link it to the HID origination, but other than using Obliton (which i dont recommend) there's no native way at the moment to do it inside CUE. it is a fairly large ask TBH and I think there's other more immediate items on the devs agenda.

That said, i do second this as a future feature we'd love to have. I wouldn't mind having my k63 be a macro-only board in certain profiles for example

I see it as an major issue.

just wanted to make a new Profile for my K95 Platinum and it damaged all the Profiles for my K95 (non Platinum)!

Just by assigning existing lighnings or macros to specific keys on the K95 Platinum destroys the settings of the K95 (non Platinum).

Also a new macro assigning to the K95 Platinum assigns the macro to the same key (if existing, if not its choosing another key!) on the K95.

This means it is impossible to manage two keyboards on the same PC if you don't have the exact same keys and want the exact lightning and actions on both keyboards.

For me this is a major failure, if you can see and select two different keyboards in iCue, you HAVE TO be able to change things on one specific keyboard, otherwise there is no sense in showing it like this in iCue, because everything is just identical and you have no chance to do something only on one of the two keyboards.

K95 and iCue are a few years old now, I think it is useless to "hope" for any fix after this amount of time. Corsair should be honest and open to us buyers and users. They should tell honest and clear what will come and what not.

iCue is build and structured like the "Photoshop" of RGB and Macros, but they didn't manage to provide the "basics", even after so many years.

I think this is noch acceptable.

As long as iCue damages the Profile of existing keyboards when you add another one, they should tell us that more than one keyboard ist not supported...simple is that.

To only tell us "iCue will see them both ;)" is (sorry) "bull****" as long as they be quiet about the problems you will have with this constellation. Its by far not enough to just "see" both devices in iCue. This is useless at this point and it is useless to just say that iCue "sees" both devcices if it can't handle them correctly.

• 2 years later...
At the moment, I only use one Corsair K70 keyboard, but it's one of the first models. I'm probably going to buy another, newer one (with more visible LEDs) and I don't really want to sell this one off or have it collect dust.

I'd like to use both keyboards on my desk with the iCue software, preferably the new one for typing, gaming... normal stuff, and the extra for macros.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a repost or not since there's tons of threads, but I didn't see anything, at least in the titles, that looked like what I was wanting.

You want this:

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by Sojourner1