Corsair Community

Driver NVMe SSD's from different brands

My Asus ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING has two NVMe slots.

Currently I have a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB and installed the Samsung NVMe driver.

If I would add for example a Corsair MP510 NVMe SSD do I have to revert back to the Microsoft NVMe driver? Or is it possible that the two SSD's can use their own NVMe driver, thus Samsung driver for the Samsung 970 Pro and the Microsoft driver for the Corsair MP510?

My Asus ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING has two NVMe slots.

Currently I have a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB and installed the Samsung NVMe driver.

If I would add for example a Corsair MP510 NVMe SSD do I have to revert back to the Microsoft NVMe driver? Or is it possible that the two SSD's can use their own NVMe driver, thus Samsung driver for the Samsung 970 Pro and the Microsoft driver for the Corsair MP510?

By default, Windows 10 picks the built in Standard NVM Express Controller for Phison based NVMe drives in AHCI mode. You get one entry in the Storage Controllers section of Device Manager for each NVMe drive present in your system.

If you have one or more Samsung NVMe drives present and you are also using the Samsung NVMe driver, then each of these drives will have a Samsung NVMe Controller entry within Storage Controllers.

The Samsung driver cannot be associated with Phison based NVMe drives, but you can have both drives present in your system.

I have a Samsung 970 Evo Plus and two Corsair MP510 drives in my build, all now in AHCI mode, although I recently ran with the two MP510 drives in a RAID0 set using Intel's RST drivers.

Edited by Yemble