Corsair Community

RGB Strips and Fans flickering/changing colors

janwillem117

I have 7 rgb fans and 4 rgb strips in my system. Even when I set them to white instant lighting some fans change colors, turn off leds. The main rgb strips(3 pieces in a string) barely turn on at all. Please see attached Youtube video:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a0dGq31K_c]Youtube video[/ame]

Can someone tell me what the issue might be? Software related or something else?

I'm having a similar issue with 2 of my 5 fans. They randomly change color.

I've been observing my issue for a while now, and it seems like this is only happening to me while I'm gaming.

After I stop gaming, everything comes back to normal.

Is this the case for you as well ?

Edited by FoxeuH

I had posted about this 6 months ago. You could set the channel with fans to 6 and it would work but only with the lighting effects that were non-sequential. As of the the firmware update on 6/25/19 (0.9.16 on lighting node pro). I can now set them to the correct 4 and the sequential effects now work. They sent me hardware replacement for a few parts none fixed the issue till this.

I'm having a similar issue with 2 of my 5 fans. They randomly change color.

I've been observing my issue for a while now, and it seems like this is only happening to me while I'm gaming.

After I stop gaming, everything comes back to normal.

Is this the case for you as well ?

I have a similar issue as well but my issue is with the 4 rgb strips that I have connected to LED 2 channel on my commander pro. They freeze when I'm gaming and it's fine when I'm not gaming. The 6 LL120 fans connected to my LED1 channel on my commander pro work without issues. Do you have the fans connected to your LED2 channel on your commander pro? Just wondering if there is a glitch with the icue and LED 2 channel.

This is a problem at Corsair since their update, the fans do not work properly, the LEDs Rainbow, have freezes ... The only way is to wait until corsair update ICUE .. I made all the connections again and nothing helps ..

I have a similar issue as well but my issue is with the 4 rgb strips that I have connected to LED 2 channel on my commander pro. They freeze when I'm gaming and it's fine when I'm not gaming. The 6 LL120 fans connected to my LED1 channel on my commander pro work without issues. Do you have the fans connected to your LED2 channel on your commander pro? Just wondering if there is a glitch with the icue and LED 2 channel.

No, my fans are connected to LED 1.

But as Mrbenss said, their seems to be a software issue. My issue got worse since I updated to the latest version.

Now, the fans are changing color even while I'm not gaming. When I installed the update, all the LEDs on my fan #4 were completely OFF as well as alsmot half of those on fan #5.

uc4qNC.jpg

After several restarts, those LEDs turned back on and had the desired blue color, but now they are stuck. If I try to change the color, they stay blue. Here's an example when I change the color to red.

uZ0G9R.jpg

I would definetly say that my issue is software related.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my issue; Corsair support team was really helpful and they sent me new rgb strips and the problem is gone :laughing: . So the issue was due to faulty strips.