Corsair Community

K95 RGB White Base Plate Cover Mod

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, check my dropbox PDF folder for printable layouts. Paper looks very good, and is practically free. It's what I'd advise anyone without easy access to a laser cutter (or similar equipment) to do.

K70_A4.pdf

this should be good for a4 size normal printers right?

so ill just manually cut them squares out and place it over keyboard?

K70_A4.pdf

this should be good for a4 size normal printers right?

so ill just manually cut them squares out and place it over keyboard?

Yes, that file is sized to work with A4 paper. When given the option, choose "No scaling" when you print. Also, if you cut out a small portion you can verify that it will fit the keyboard before cutting all the squares out.

• 1 month later...

So I encountered a minor problem with my k70 lux keyboard.

I bought my keyboard yesterday, and since I wanted my RGB colors to shine more vibrantly, I downloaded the white base-plate model for the k70 from here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140978

But apparently, the k70 layout provided in this link is too small for my k70 lux that I'm currently using. The layout seems to fit, but the layout given here is horizontally shorter.

Is this normal? Or am I doing something in the process of printing the layout?

If this doesn't work, anybody attempted to add a white base-plate for your k70 lux keyboard?

This is a problem I've heard about before. You have probably scaled the PDF when printing it, which will mess everything up. I've answered this problem before, but the thread is long and it is difficult to read the whole thing. This is the solution I worked on; please forgive me for copy/pasting.

If you don't think this is a print scaling issue, please post a picture of the problem you're seeing.

I believe I have found a solution to your scaling issues. I put a reference scale on the PDF files this time so you can verify that the printout will fit before cutting the paper. The new files have been uploaded here and on my dropbox. I hope this helps!

Also, if you are using the US or A4 standard paper size (8.5" x 11" or 210 x 297 mm) you should have no need to scale the PDF at all as long as you are using the appropriate file for your paper (US file for US paper and A4 file for A4 paper). 100% scaling is no scaling.

• 3 weeks later...
i downloaded the k95 pdf, spent 3 hours carving out the square holes, i did it perfectly, everything fits but the middle was off by 1cm which is alot, both left right sides fit perfect but the middle was a disaster, so I just cut the middle bit out, my keyboard rgb now looks better and it looks the same as my strafe apart from the middle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, maybe Im a bit late, but i think that i can ask for it...

I had a K70 RGB spanish layout QWERTY (CH-9000118-ES).

I want to give a try with this mod but i found that the file K70_A4 does not match my layout.

Now before looking the german file carefully, seems that it has the same layout as mine, but i cant be sure until im done and if anyone knows about the compatibility is usless to spend some ours on the try, so...

Anybody knows if german and spanish keyborad has the same layout (i know some keys has diferent symbols, but thats not trouble if they had the same layout... (i know from experience that spanish and italian layout are the same) if anyone can confirm my thoughts or know about this will be awesome.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for my bad english

• 4 weeks later...

ahh man

I spent 3 hours cutting away with a craft knife i cit out the squares perfectly

The square cut out fit perfect over the keys but the 2nd half of the keyboard does not align with the squares, theres about alteast an inch in discrepancy, so I had to cut the cut out in 4 places and now it fits but i have gaps

I downloaded and printed the same size but i dont know what happened

I wish we could just buy this stuff!

ahh man

I spent 3 hours cutting away with a craft knife i cit out the squares perfectly

The square cut out fit perfect over the keys but the 2nd half of the keyboard does not align with the squares, theres about alteast an inch in discrepancy, so I had to cut the cut out in 4 places and now it fits but i have gaps

I downloaded and printed the same size but i dont know what happened

I wish we could just buy this stuff!

Honestly the only thing I could think of that could go wrong is the printing scale. If you want more specific help feel free to shoot me a PM and include a picture of what happened.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for necro, i had this keyboard for practically 3 years and this never passed through my mind (sry for dumbness), now i made this on gold mirror paper and now is more lit than my dick :bigeyes: :eek:

http://imgur.com/a/8v4wV

Ty for the template, i was tryin gto do it myself but now i fugured this keyboard was already old, and i never thought somebody already did this kind of thing :D:

Sorry for necro, i had this keyboard for practically 3 years and this never passed through my mind (sry for dumbness), now i made this on gold mirror paper and now is more lit than my dick :bigeyes: :eek:

http://imgur.com/a/8v4wV

Ty for the template, i was tryin gto do it myself but now i fugured this keyboard was already old, and i never thought somebody already did this kind of thing :D:

Very creative! that looks excellent haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i found some files on a 3d printing upload site (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1559818)

in the files it had a full one piece base plate and also 3 files where it was cut into 3 pieces left center and right

and went on 3dhubs and had ordered the 3 pieces (the one piece costs more and not everyone has a 3d printer that can make such a large piece so it was easier to get the 3 pieces)

i picked the cheapest plastic option came out to $6.49 $6.85 $6.77 most of that price was really for the shipping

i had to trim the bottom and top a little bit for it to fit the plastic wasnt a problem to cut thank goodness

also got some Carbon Fiber Vinyl Film Wrap for $2 at wish.com

this looks freaking awesome so worth it

sorry to say i dont have a good camera to show how it looks

• 1 year later...

Two years later...

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for offering your files! I ordered keycaps for my K70 and then found this backplate layout. I was trying to avoid sticking the vinyl down, but it's buckling against the backing paper so I think I'll need to pull the keys off again and go ahead with it. :D

Regardless, I'm pleased. Thanks!

hC2KbURl.jpg

klCESRhl.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...