Corsair Community

iCue + PSU

konvctd

Hi All,

I just finished building my new PC, specs as below.

Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming X

Ryzen 7 3700x

Corsair Dominator memory

GTX 1070 Gigabyte

Corsair MP600 1TB

Corsair H150i Pro RGB - connected to commander pro

Corsair HX1000i - connected to commander pro

Corsair Commander Pro

After installing iCue, I can see all of the devices on the home page and under the dashboard, they all seem to be working fine. My PSU however has a light on it in which it starts flashing red/green when iCue software starts up. Is there anyway to stop this? Is it normal? Is my PSU defective?

Hopefully someone here can help!

And having looked at the setup you have more closely you will want to plug the H150i directly to the board, not the CoPro.

Any advantage of having it plugged into the board and not the copro? the copro has multiple USB headers?

Assuming the red part is more of an amber color the PSU is not defective it just is telling you that it has a data link to the board.

Yeah its more of a orange/red colour than a full on fire engine red.

So the blinking is saying its communicating?

And having looked at the setup you have more closely you will want to plug the H150i directly to the board, not the CoPro.

I only have 2 usb 2 headers on my mobo, kind of why I got the CoPro... So you think run the H150i to the board directly and then have the usb front panel and psu on the CoPro?

Yep its just telling you it's got comms.

As for the other part, that's a hard question to answer. I guess the best answer is leave it as it is and if you start having weird things happen on the cooler front then switch it around.

Yep its just telling you it's got comms.

As for the other part, that's a hard question to answer. I guess the best answer is leave it as it is and if you start having weird things happen on the cooler front then switch it around.

What sort of weird things? Haha just so I can keep an eye on things.

Lighting that jumps around if you have it set for rainbow wave or something instead of transitioning nicely, fans ramping up, or not, for no reason....weird things :P

Haha ok! Well so far so good... touch wood!