View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 11:09 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003779
DevBiker Reputation: 94

1) I wouldn't control your case fans based on your CPU temperature in a liquid cooled system. The CPU temperature is complete irrelevant to what the case fans need to do - which is to cool the interior of the case to ensure that your radiator and GPU get cooler air. Most motherboards do have alternate sensors for controlling fan speeds for chassis fans - the CPU_FAN is usually (though not always) locked to CPU temperature. So - I'd use a Chassis fan header for your case fans and use an alternate source. Note that the AIO_FAN headers are usually chassis fan headers with fan speed control disabled. This can usually be enabled to allow you to use it as you would any fan header.

2) As stated in the FAQ, that is only there to provide a tach signal to the CPU_FAN header. If you follow my suggestion above, this would be the perfect place for the fan header from the cooler. It's really pointless to put it anywhere else.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks