View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 03:36 PM
TQBF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035204
TQBF Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
"iCUE now supports Windows Spatial Sound so users can enable their own audio surround sound solutions."

<3 my suggestion was heard. So dolby atmos might be possible. have to try.
Confirmed (with iCue 3.25.60), I am now using Dolby Atmos and - big improvement.

I have thought for a while that the majority of the issues I have had with poor sound quality had stemmed from bad drivers or something in the way iCue was processing audio (I was getting crackles & pops, terrible bass, and worst for me - unusable stereo in Apex Legends).

For a while I had a workaround using Voicemeeter to equalize and pipe sound differently. But, I held out on these only because my very first experience using them was on my work PC without iCue installed (or its broken launch day drivers), and they sounded amazing then.

If I hadn't tried them at work I 100% would have returned them as defective.

But - this last update has resolved the issues I had, they sound great again. I can even use the dongle plugged into my Corsair ST100. (Which was another ridiculous problem).

The only caveat - when I'm using Dolby they no longer show up in iCue. A small price to pay for having my expensive headphones actually work at last.

If anyone else is in the same boat as I was, I highly encourage you to try them with Dolby Atmos.