Old 02-19-2019, 10:02 PM
GuruSR's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994939
GuruSR Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry R View Post
Version of your Link software. 4.9.9.3
What version of Windows you're using. Windows 10
Summary - Tried to update Corsair Link, but it fails to open from the desktop short cut.
Detailed description of the issue - I uninstalled old version of software to download and install newer 4.9.9.3 Link software. But the program will not open from the Desktop shortcut. It appears that it is not installed. But the app does open as soon as it is installed, just not from the short cut. Programs in the Control Panel shows that it is installed, but it just does not open. I get a pop up message that says: Problem with Shortcut: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

https://i.imgur.com/y5rCbYS.png
Right click on that broken shortcut and delete it, it is broken. Next go to the Start Menu (bottom left corner Windows button, or the same key on your keyboard), look for Corsair LINK in the "C"'s in the left side, select the main folder so you can see the shortcut, right click on Corsair Link 4, select "More", then "Open File Location". A window will open showing the actual shortcut from the Start Menu, using your right mouse button on that shortcut, drag (yes, with the right mouse, not the left) out to your desktop and let go. A menu will open, select "Copy". Close the window and move the icon where you want it.

GuruSR.