Corsair Community

Setting the temperature backlight

Toyrum

How does Link relate to this? If you only have a keyboard or are using iCUE, Link has no control over anything.

I am not sure I understand your reference to “reinstalling the system”. Is that software? Operating system? Hardware?

Edited by c-attack
Correction

https://zapodaj.net/62fac3bf47e8f.png.html

I have reinstalled the windows system. Before reinstalling, I didn't have any Corsair link or anything, just icue, and I could easily set the GPU and CPU temperature backlight on a given key. Before reinstalling, I went to Temperature in Lightning effect and had the option of choosing a CPU or GPU here (I check the screen).

I removed my USB link to the Commander Pro and restarted the PC. I am still able to access the Lighting Link Temperature and sensor, so it seems most likely there was an install issue.

Go Settings->Apps in Windows and click on iCUE. Select the "repair" option and see if the sensor choice comes back.

I did as you wrote, I do not know why, but after "repair" pops up "this program cannot be installed correctly" When I click install, install according to the instructions, nothing happens. I have no patience for this. It used to work OK, probably a few back versions, because I installed windows in April 2018 and now there are some problems.

Can you send me a screen with your options Devices -> Keyboard -> Lighting Effects -> + to add new one -> far right column, Lighting Link Temperature. ? It's about what you can set as the temperature on some key on the keyboard.

Reinstalling the program does not help. I don't know what to do anymore :(

Edited by Toyrum
i forgot

I am afraid I don't either if the reinstall/repair does not work. I see your screen shot and the sensor selection is missing. That is not supposed to happen and it is not a toggle effect. If it is not there, something is wrong. Aside from a corrupt install or another monitoring program blocking access to data, I don't know what else could cause this.

I would start a support ticket with Corsair (Ticket System link in top margin) and perhaps someone else here will have more insight into the issue.