Corsair Community

Harpoon mouse and scrolling

alexis6

Hello good people of the forum.

I just purchased a new Corsair harpoon rgb mouse. My problem is that when i am scrolling the wheel in websites , the page is not moving. All my windows(10) settings are correct. When i unplug the mouse from the usb port and stick it back in , it works fine! So i was wondering if there is a weird setting i haven't been able to find that is preventing the mouse to scroll pages up and down when you start the computer?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've been experiencing this exact same thing. I'm on Win 10 and with a brand new Corsair Harpoon mouse. There is no pattern in when the mousewheel fails. It comes randomly and the only thing that fixes it, is unplugging and plugging it back in. Tried different usb ports but the same thing happens at some point.

Hi all

i've got the same issue, and i agree with thedane85, cause it's happening the same to me aswell.

It would be useful to know from Corsair if this is an hardware problem on some bad batch models, or a software glitch, before i ask for a product substitution.

Thank you

Edit: forgot to mention my system spec: Intel i7 4770k, MB gigabyte z87x-ud3h, 16 gb Corsair ram ddr3 2000mhz, ssd Samsung pro 850 512gb, msi gaming x gtx 1080

Edited by Begaz

• Corsair Employees
Uninstalling the CUE software seems to have fixed the issue...at least for now.

Reinstall CUE again and see if the issue reappears.

I've also uninstalled the CUE software, haven't had the issue since uninstall.

Please do the same. A few of us is trying to replicate this issue with no luck so far.

• Corsair Employees

Are you guys plugging it into usb 2.0 or 3.0? What is the firmware you are using?

Please submit a RMA and provide me with the RMA number. That way we can replace it and have your unit sent directly to me for an analysis.

Edited by Corsair Henry

Mine is plugged in an usb 3.0 but i don't know how to find the usb firmware...drivers are microsoft's one anyway.

I bought mine mouse on Amazon.it...i'm from Italy. Do you know what's the RMA procedure in my case?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any alternative to an RMA replacement?

I bought my mouse and keyboard at the same time and I already had to go through the hassle of sending the keyboard back only to realize the mouse wheel is failing on me at random times until I unplug-replug.

My system runs with an i5 6600k mobo Asus Z170-E. Currently using CUE software with USB 2.0 connectors.

*edit*: Forgot to add, I'm running on Win7 Ultimate x64

Edited by Haxor