View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 07:21 PM
QuorthonRhar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945102
QuorthonRhar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
The Vengeance LPX and LED listings you posted should work just fine. Ryzen can push up to 3200MHz DDR4 depending on the config. 3000MHz seems to be fairly easy to get to on most boards with a two up module config, 2666MHz is going to be safest of course. It's up to you if you want LED lighting, or want to save a few bucks and go for the LPX model.
Thank you so much! I just purchased LPX 3000MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15), literally came back home 10 minutes ago from the store. They had quite a good deal on it, so I didn't want to miss it, and also since it's listed here (QVL), it gave me some kind of piece of mind :)
ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING_Memory_QVL_180125

As far as LEDs go... I love them, but since I already have my Phanteks P400 decorated, DDR4 LEDs would be little over the top anyway.

My remaining question would be... Once I update Rog Strix B350-F bios, is there anything specific I need to set in BIOS in order to get the best out of these two sticks (2x8Gb)? I am not so interested to push it to its limits, or overclock, or whatever it's called. I am only interested to have good speeds enabled while being proven stable. What are the gains of having X.M.P enabled? Sorry for all these questions, just trying to get a firm understanding of all this new technology (at least for me, coming from ZX Spectrum age).

Thank you so much once again!

Last edited by QuorthonRhar; 01-04-2019 at 09:42 PM.