iCUE version: 3.17.94 (latest)

MM800 Firmware: 1.02.50 (latest)

PC

Windows 10 64bit

Asrock x370 taichi

AMD Ryzen 1700

MSI RTX 2070

16GB corsair 2400Mhz RAM

I received an MM800 a couple of days ago and problems began from day one.

I already had iCUE installed as I have a K70 lux, LL120 fans and an set of LED strips, they all work fine, no problems there.

So when I plugged in the MM800 the rainbow default profile would load for a second then would go off. So I thought it was because it loaded my profile which had nothing assinged to the MM800 so I tried to assign some lighting to it, that didn't work.

So then I thought it was because cue was already loaded when I plugged it in. So I restarted it (fully closing it as restarting the service didn't work) and it worked! I thought that was it.

Until the LEDs stopped working again after a short while. Again same story, fully restarting CUE fixes the issue for a few minutes.

I have tried the following:

• Repairing the CUE install.
  • Fully uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling
  • Tried a different USB port

The USB passthrough still works.

I believe this issue is software related, as when CUE is closed the default rainbow kicks in. I enabled the logs and as soon as the lights went off I checked them and noticed this exception being produced:

CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.Exceptions.ProDeviceException: No response ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation failed early. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at HidSharp.Platform.Windows.NativeMethods.OverlappedOperation(IntPtr ioHandle, IntPtr eventHandle, Int32 eventTimeout, IntPtr closeEventHandle, Boolean overlapResult, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, UInt32& bytesTransferred)
  at HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
  at HidSharp.HidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteOutputBufferBuilderData(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.ProDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteAndRead(ProDeviceOutputBufferBuilder builder)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDeviceDataProcessor.ReadFanState()
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDevice.ProcessExternalTemperatureData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Barbuda.BarbudaDeviceComponent.ProcessExternalTemperatureData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.ProDevicesComponent.<InternalProcessExternalTemperatureData>d__14.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseControlledComponent.<ProcessControlData>d__0.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Utils.DeviceControlExtentions.<ProcessDeviceRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
  at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Core.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__29.MoveNext()

It's complaining about windows not being able to find a file? Would be nice to know what file that is :p:

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers :sunglasse

Yep, it shows up in USBDeView.

Funny thing that happened though was that the lights were working but CUE showed a little red triangle and I couldn't select it.

When I unplugged it and plugged it back in, the triangle went, I could edit the lighting but the lighting on the pad had stopped...