Corsair Community

LL120 RGB fans not lighting in the centre.

HarleQuinn

Hi everyone,

I have been having some issues with my LL120 fans. The fans do work but operation with the controller seems off.

I have 3 x LL140 RGB fans and 3 x LL120 RGB fans attached to my lighting node controller. They all work, however the 120 "front" fans on my case are not lighting up in the centre and are only lighting on the outer rings. My LL140 fans are fine.

I had this issue before but it seemed to fix itself randomly. Everything is correct in the icu software with all areas of the fans selected.

Can anybody please advise?

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.8a54853087795f8306e53578ac6e669e.jpg

Edited by HarleQuinn
Photo edited

Does Instant Lighting light them up?

No it doesn't.

Also I have just noticed fan 5 isn't following the lighting set up now, it is just lit up as ice blue.

The fans all spin. Potentially a bad controller?

I have tried various types of uninstall and reinstall of icue. Unplugged and replugged all connections.

I have had the fans and the lighting node pro for 13 months now.

I have just moved my connection from LED 1 to Led 2 on the Lighting node pro, fan 1,2 and 3 still hae no inner lights on just the outer ring and Fan 5 whilst lit up the LEDs are not rotating as they should on rainbow spiral, they are just static but all rainbow colours.

Fan 1,2,3 and 5 do not light up and operate as they should.

It could be a bad fan.

Here's the thing: the fans operate in series. One fan passes data to the next fan. So if one fan is wonky, it throws all of them off.

Determining which fan is tedious but if you are methodical about it, you can narrow it down.

Take a fan. Put it in port #1. Does it work fine? If so, move it to port #2.

Take a second fan. Put it in port 1. Does it work? Does the next fan work?

Do this for all of the fans. Once you are done, you'll need to take the fan that's been in port #2 and put it on Port #1 with a validated fan to check if it passes the signal correctly.

It could be a bad fan.

Here's the thing: the fans operate in series. One fan passes data to the next fan. So if one fan is wonky, it throws all of them off.

Determining which fan is tedious but if you are methodical about it, you can narrow it down.

Take a fan. Put it in port #1. Does it work fine? If so, move it to port #2.

Take a second fan. Put it in port 1. Does it work? Does the next fan work?

Do this for all of the fans. Once you are done, you'll need to take the fan that's been in port #2 and put it on Port #1 with a validated fan to check if it passes the signal correctly.

Currently fan 4,5 and 6 are working fine and in order.

Fan 1,2 and 3 have the issue with the inner RGBs not working. If fan 1,2 or 3 was at fault wouldn't that cause an issue with 4,5 and 6?

I thought you said 5 was also wonky?

And yes, it is likely one or more bad fans. The process that I described will tell you exactly which fans are bad and which are not.

Yeah 5 has been odd in the past, it was playing up when I made that post but it has since started working correctly. A bit odd I know...

So to clarify, 1,2 and 3 are currently just not lighting up in the centre but are on their outer rings.

Can I safely assume the issue is between Fan 1,2 or 3?

Also is their any potential that this is a node pro issue?

Yeah 5 has been odd in the past, it was playing up when I made that post but it has since started working correctly. A bit odd I know...

So to clarify, 1,2 and 3 are currently just not lighting up in the centre but are on their outer rings.

Can I safely assume the issue is between Fan 1,2 or 3?

Also is their any potential that this is a node pro issue?

I guess it's possible but I think unlikely, especially if the issue is still present when using instant lighting.

I guess it's possible but I think unlikely, especially if the issue is still present when using instant lighting.

Thank you for the help so far!

I will investigate this as soon as I get the chance with checking each fan one by one, least I know 4,5 and 6 seem to be operating correctly.

I will get back to you asap!

Ok I had a little time so just did some investigating,

all fans checked one by one, 4,5 and 6 work wherever they are plugged in on the RGB fan LED hub (1 to 6).

1,2 and 3 all work but with the same inner RGB not working only the outer ring lit up no matter where they are plugged into the RGB LED hub (1 to 6).

Edited by HarleQuinn

Thank you, can 3 120mm RGB LL fans really all go bad with exactly the same issue at the exact same time though?

It's very, very specific!

That's what the evidence provided indicates. If it was the controller, it'd happen to any fan in those ports. It doesn't - you said 3 of them are fine in any port.

That's what the evidence provided indicates. If it was the controller, it'd happen to any fan in those ports. It doesn't - you said 3 of them are fine in any port.

Definitely cant be software related or something interfering with the operation?

I can go down the RMA route but would rather exhaust all avenues first,

I do appreciate all the help!