Corsair Community

RGB Fans going crazy and breaking.

Gala

Hello everyone.

Coming to the forums today to see if anyone can help me figure out whats going on with my fans. I have 5 LL120 fans, two mounted to my radiator and 3 others. I have them all set to rainbow wave and they all work fine until I start playing a game, in this case almost always Destiny 2. About 10 mins or so into my session they begin to freak out and some of the LEDs freeze and others just go out all together. When I alt tab or exit the game about 5 mins later they return to normal. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? All software is up to date.

Thanks

What is your CPU load while playing Destiny?

It is generally around 25-30%.

I also checked the firmware for the Node pro and all other things connected to iCue and it says they are all up to date and asks if I want to force the update.

Hmmm ... that's odd. We usually see similar behavior when the system is under heavy load but that's not even close to that.

And this doesn't happen with any other games, just Destiny?

Do you have any other Corsair devices on the system? A custom profile, perhaps, linked to Destiny?

Hmmm ... that's odd. We usually see similar behavior when the system is under heavy load but that's not even close to that.

And this doesn't happen with any other games, just Destiny?

Do you have any other Corsair devices on the system? A custom profile, perhaps, linked to Destiny?

I have RAM and a AIO thats also from Corsair and controlled with iCue, however, these other parts dont exhibit the same problems as the LL120s do.

This will only happen when in game, right now as I type this they are working perfectly. On a few rare occasions the lights correct themselves even when im in game but only for a short time before malfunctioning again.