Corsair Community

Carbide 540 Front Panel Wiring Not Long Enough

mike_j_johnson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to avoid the problem.

How short are the short cables -or- how long are the long ones?

I'm still waiting on my CPU discount so I haven't ordered any electronics that can't be tested in my 2600K system.

Not your problem, but I'd hate to add another wait on top of that.

Hello I put in a ticket 6209068 for my Corsair Carbide 540Air. I was told one business day for a response and I have not heard anything at all. Could someone please look into this for me? I was given short front panel connectors that do not even reach the mother board and I can not build my computer until this is resolved. I was told to put in a ticket to get a longer pair. I just purchased the Carbide 540, H100i, AX1200i, Corsair link system and a ton of Corsair SP 120 fans. I really hope someone can look into this as the ticket was put in on Monday and it is now Thursday and no response. I hope nothing goes wrong with any of my other Corsair products...

Please help, thank you

Andy

PS, just saw this thread after posting the above in Warranty section. I figured may as well post here to try to get help as well.

Are they still shipping the 540 with short wiring? I really want this case, but I don't want to get it and then go through the hassle of having to get longer ones. Has anyone had the wiring issue when installing an Asus Maximus VI Hero Z87? I have looked all over the internet, and can't find anything that says the 540 and my motherboard are fine together.

Are they still shipping the 540 with short wiring?

They corrected the issue, shortly after it was reported, however there may still be some out there that have the short wires.

If you purchase it directly from Corsair or any of the large supply chains. You should be fine.

They corrected the issue, shortly after it was reported, however there may still be some out there that have the short wires.

If you purchase it directly from Corsair or any of the large supply chains. You should be fine.

Thank you, just what I was hoping to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently purchased this case and looks like i received one of the older shipments with the short wires.. i have already submitted a ticket 6254855 , Please send out new IO panel or extension wires as fast as humanly possible, would love to start using my build in this case.

P.S. i also selected some random part as the part i need is not listed on the parts list. please disregard that and only pay attention to the description of the issue.

What's the usual turn-around time for this issue? I'm stuck with a complete system I can't use.

(EDIT: Looks like everything was taken care of and my new cables are shipping today! I'm very appreciative. Anyone have any troubles installing the new cables/panel?)

Edited by Domingo_X

• 2 weeks later...

My front panel usb 3 cable is too short to reach my EVGA X79 Dark motherboard.

Every time I try and submit a ticket, I keep getting error dialogue box saying "please fill in product number"

I'm using CC-9011030-WW for product number.

What is the product number?

My front panel usb 3 cable is too short to reach my EVGA X79 Dark motherboard.

Every time I try and submit a ticket, I keep getting error dialogue box saying "please fill in product number"

I'm using CC-9011030-WW for product number.

What is the product number?

use any pn and in your comment section,explain what you need.once you get your rma #,call them and give that to them as it speeds up the process...

Just curious but does anyone here own a ASUS Z77 Sabertooth with the 540? I'm just curious if the 540 front wiring is long enough for my motherboard, Corsair said they should have my 540 case back in stock on the 6th so hopefully they will be shipping it soon with the proper wire length so I don't have to do an RMA. :-/

Thanks in advance!

Mine will be here tomorrow. So I can see if it is the longer cable. Just thought maybe there was a number code change on the sticker to let people know it had the fixed cable on it.

just got my case today,i need to find the exact length myself to avoid delays...

This seems like the place to post and get a response from someone. Just purchased a 540 Air case and an H100I cooler from Newegg. I have the same problem as others, in that the IO wires on the case are too short to reach the MB. Regarding the H100I, the included cables to hook up the fans plug into the pump just fine, however the splitters are female plugs and will not hook into the female fan plugs. I made a ticket, #6317113, on Mon evening and still have not had any sort of reply. Please help. ;)