Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Backlit doubleshot pbt seems like the way to go. Hopefully I can make this happen.

Thank you for the data. It seems like $50 is what most people are willing to pay.

I wouldn't mind paying $50 usd excluding tax for the keycaps, but please don't screw canadians over with $40+ usd shipping. I tried ordering the backlit fps keycaps for 9.99usd but shipping to Canada was apparently $48 usd via UPS worldwide expedited as the cheapest available option.

Either of these would look great tbh.

I prefer the STRAFE font over the K70 one, it is larger/bolder and makes the light shine through it better.

I believe a font similar to the Vortex backlit keys is larger and lets in even more light and color.

Best

Wulf

I'd pay $50-60 for a full set for the K95 RGB. I'm already getting some signs of wear on the stock keycaps. I use a K95 RGB (with MX Blues!) for programming 10 hours/day, so I can't complain.

As for the font, I seem to be the odd man out who prefers the K95 font to the STRAFE font. It just looks cleaner, and I don't like the all-caps "CAPS LOCK" (etc) on the STRAFE as much. I would still get it with the STRAFE font, I just prefer the K95 font.

If we are wishing for things, here are some things I would love to see. To be clear, I will buy a set anyway, but having these would be extra nice:

• Symbols for special/modifier keys (instead of text)
  • Include the G-keys for K95!
  • Corsair logo instead of Windows logo (include both in kit?)

For the special/modifier keys, I was thinking something like WASD Keyboards' "Symbols" style. Specifically, the Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/Tab/Caps Lock/Shift keys.

Wandering completely off into left field, I'd love to see one where the letters/numbers are replaced with Alien Language 1 from Futurama. Probably not much of a market for those keycaps, though. :(: I'd pay a horrifying amount of money for a set with Alien Language 1 and the symbols for the special keys.

Edited by DAVe3283
Add font preference

• Corsair Employee
I like how it's gone from "if" to "when"

:D: I know there is a strong desire for these and you guys are my proof! A screen shot of this thread showing the traffic and the feedback from the community will be presented this week.

*Fingers crossed*

:D: I know there is a strong desire for these and you guys are my proof! A screen shot of this thread showing the traffic and the feedback from the community will be presented this week.

*Fingers crossed*

The force is strong with this thread :p

Wulf

I love to see Corsair come up with double shot MX Cherry Keys for their keyboards.

There are very few options out there for back lit keyboards, such as Vortex PBT+POB double shots and Max Keyboard's translucent keys. The Max Keyboard brand universal set is the only set that fits the K70 completely but they aren't Double shot keys.

The big issue with the Vortex keycap set is their keys don't fit the bottom row on the K70, mainly the Windows and Menu Key and the 6.5 sized space bar. I got a transparent 6.5 space key from max keyboards in place. But finding suitable replacements for the two Windows size 1x1 keys are hard. Especially if you want double shots. Most 1x1 sized Double shot keys on the market are intended for the Esc Key and Row 4 (top row). Also as the Vortex keys aren't intended for the Corsair K70, Not all the keys are lit up properly, mostly on the top row number keys and any other key where their two legends on the key, the lower legend gets poorly lit if at all.

I would pay $50 for a set for a typical 104 key set for my K70.

I can see a additional smaller packs to accommodate the G keys for K95 users. Or even make the key caps sets modular so the base set covers K65, 70, 95 and strafe and extra or bonus backs covering additional keys.

Also alternative symbols/art for the WIN key would be great, the Corsair sail boat logo, A Skull, or whatever novelty design.

1. I would spend up to 30 Euros for a complete set including the NUM pad keys

2. PLEASE, if you do this include a ISO Set that we can buy in Europe without expensive shipping costs

3. Having a good and easy way to get replacement caps would be a way to ensure brand loyalty. Many people are hesitant to buy a non standard bottom row keyboard because of how difficult it is to get replacement caps or just different caps.

I general I think the keycap quality is pretty low on the Corsair boards. The plastic is very thin and feels cheap. The higher priced boards should come with better quality caps imo. Just slightly thicker like the ones from Cooler Master would be a huge step up.

Edited by kartana

• Corsair Employee
If you do a full set of white backlit double shot pbt/pom keycaps in ISO uk layout. A set that I can buy here in Blighty, then you can have a kidney, a liver and possibly a lung! :bigeyes: :D:

Best

Wulf :D:

LOL that's a lot to offer for a set of doubleshot key caps, but on a side note, we showed the executives how much attention this thread was getting and they were quite surprised. We have draft up some numbers and presented to them as well, so hopefully we will get a green light.

Hi all.

Just another voice to PBT doubleshot backlight compatibale keycaps.

And also another voice for ISO type (like German ISO or Russian ISO, for example).

It would be incredibly cool, if customers from not-english contries will be able to order set of keycaps with 2 languages for ANSI and ISO type (for example, i'd like to have possibility to order set of ISO 104 PBT doubleshot backlight compatibale keycaps with english and russian symbols).

Also i can get you an additional option: transparent o-rings for compatibility with backlight, for Cherry MX keys. A lot of people who need keycaps also often need o-rings. They cost about 5$ on Aliexpress, and would be nice, if we can order o-rings with keycaps.

Sorry for my English)