Corsair Community

Corsair Link software install hosed all RGB on fans

joey777

I have 6 ML 140's on a new build, I finally got the os installed and then set up the cabling on the commander pro.

On first boot after installing the fans to the Commander Pro and LED hub, all fans spun and showed the default RGB color.

When I got into the OS, i installed the Corsair Link software. Immediately after running the software for the first time, all RGB on the fans stopped functioning. I reinstalled the software, reinstalled the firmware, nothing seems to be able to get these fans to light up.

Just to make sure it wasnt the fans themsevles, I took the commander pro out of the equation, and just used the LED hub and lighting pro hub for the RGB, and connected all my fans to the MB, all fan RGB came back, but of course I cannot control the fan speeds through the corsair link software anymore.

I also reinstalled the software as well as reflashed the firmware on the commander pro, no dice. Someone mentioned there is a older firmware that may work, how do I download that?

If anyone else has run into this, I would love to know what the solution is for getting the RGB to function again.

My board is the Asus Hero Maximus X

Thank you.

joey

Should be the main screen that shows the Commander Pro. It'll have fan speeds, temps and voltages.

Will try to get that linked here.

Everything on that screen though is showing perfectly, all the temps are accurate, the voltage, the fan speed, the timings on my ram, etc.

This must have something to do with firmware since I believe the second I installed the program, it updates the pro unit to latest. Once it hit the latest, lights out.

Is there a download location for previous versions of the firmware?

**ALSO, There is a reset hole on the back of the commander pro, is there a way to properly use that button to perhaps change the state of the hardware?

Link doesn't update the CoPro's firmware without telling you about it. That version of the firmware dates back to at least Feb 1 ... so I don't think it's the firmware.

What happens if you revert to the previous version of Link?

With the oldest version I can find, still no lights showing, and ML series is unavailable in the dropdown.

Archived