Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB (Black) Unwanted profile switching

davecombine

I've been looking everywhere for someone else having this problem, however I haven't found anyone else who seems to report it.

I've just bought my Scimitar Pro RGB and have installed CUE 2, and have it updated to the most recent version, and I've edited the "default" profile to my liking. I have changed the "Profile switch" button to be "Forward" and the "DPI Switch" button to be "Backward", as well as the lighting to all be one static color.

For no apparent reason, after a few minutes of usage, the mouse completely deactivates and becomes unresponsive for a few seconds, and then reverts back to (what I think is) the profile Scimitar Pro HW 1. The key binds, lighting, and DPI all change. When I go back into CUE, it says that it is still on the default profile.

Whenever I try switching to another profile and back again to go back to the default profile, the key binds revert back to what I want them to, however the lighting becomes messed up: everything but the "side zone" and the "DPI light" becomes stuck on rainbow. CUE says that they're back on the color I want, however no matter what I do, it's stuck on rainbow.

This happens multiple times, and the only fix I have seen is restarting my computer. Is my mouse defective? Or could something else be causing this?

This similar issue started happening to me yesterday as well.I wasn’t on the latest firmware version and it would just change the profiles on its own.

updated the CUE software and somehow it made it worse, now instead of switching profiles the mouse actually disconnects from windows or it will freeze for a couple of seconds before working again. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, downgrading versions and nothing.

It’s a bummer because I really enjoy this mouse and I’ve already gotten used to it but this software is just way too buggy.

I was about to say that after a few days that had worked, but then it stopped again, as soon as I was in a Twitch call.

I'm gonna go ahead and move this to being a Twitch problem rather than a Corsair problem.. although I don't understand why Twitch would be making my mouse glitch out all of the time.

Archived