Corsair Community

EVGA Precision XOC and Corsair Link incompatible

iiCarelessness

I thought I'd just make a thread noting that the two softwares mentioned in the title are incompatible with each other.

After many many hours of tinkering with drivers, updating BIOS and reinstalling Windows, I finally uninstalled EVGA Precision XOC out of curiosity, rebooted, and my issue was fixed.

A bummer really, considering I'd like it to OC my card, and change colours, but I can't.

Thanks, iiCarelessness.

Precision XOC is absolute trash. I have an EVGA 1080Ti, the fans of which cannot be properly controlled via Afterburner, otherwise, I'd happily use it instead. I've not seen any specific issues with it in relation to the Corsair Link software, but I do notice that XOC slows down my system on reboot significantly and makes typing crawl for several seconds while it loads. After that, everything is fine.

I went back to an earlier XOC as it was crashing the Corsair link usb driver, I did like the random effect on the H100 pump when it worked but I could get no link details, they both don’t work with each other, I have even disabled the XOC led sync for the cooler even then still crashed the link usb driver, all were latest versions as well.

• Corsair Employee

So I just looked at EVGA's Precision XOC website and I think I see what's causing the problem.

The latest version of XOC allows you to sync the graphics card lighting with coolers. If EVGA's software isn't especially picky about reading the hardware IDs of coolers, it's probably reading the H100i V2 (and our other Asetek-built coolers) as its own. Alternatively, they may have also included a half-baked LED control scheme for non-EVGA coolers that's causing problems.

same issue happens with XOC 6.2.2, its since they added LED sync even when disabling the cooler in LED sync the corsair usb driver still crashes it can be enabled again but that is random but as soon as you do a restart your back to square one, you also have issues with other link products related to the same usb driver.

Good to know just built a new rig with the Corsair h150i and on clean windows install everything was working properly until this described issue occurred. I knew it was a software conflict. This thread made it a whole lot quicker to identify. Thanks, hope EVGA fixes this.

I have noticed some strange interaction between the LED's of my EVGA 1080 Ti and my Sound Blaster X AE-5. Sometimes the Ti LED's will flicker rapidly causing the AE-5 LED's to do strange things. It appears like the LED Sync software is tapping into other LED software or something.

I am having the exact same issue. But I absolutely NEED Precision X to control the fans on my FTW3 card. No other software will let me control all three GPU fans and Afterburner only spins up one. So I need Precision X because otherwise my GPU won't fully function. But I need to get rid of Precision X, because otherwise my AIO won't function. Talk about a Catch 22.

I am having the exact same issue. But I absolutely NEED Precision X to control the fans on my FTW3 card. No other software will let me control all three GPU fans and Afterburner only spins up one. So I need Precision X because otherwise my GPU won't fully function. But I need to get rid of Precision X, because otherwise my AIO won't function. Talk about a Catch 22.

Is there any way that you can use an earlier version? Apparently this was introduced in a recent update.

• 2 months later...
I am using an EVGA 1080Ti using EVGA Precision XOC and a Corsair H80i V2. EVGA led sync is causing the colors of the H80i v2 to synch with the graphics card which is a good side effect of this problem, however at one point it also made the USB driver for the Corsair go into disabled mode. I am not sure when but it hasn't done so since I re-enabled it from device manager. The other side effect that I notice is that I can no longer control the fan speed on the H80i v2 when LED Synch is working. My CPU was throttling at one point because of this.

I am using an EVGA 1080Ti using EVGA Precision XOC and a Corsair H80i V2. EVGA led sync is causing the colors of the H80i v2 to synch with the graphics card which is a good side effect of this problem, however at one point it also made the USB driver for the Corsair go into disabled mode. I am not sure when but it hasn't done so since I re-enabled it from device manager. The other side effect that I notice is that I can no longer control the fan speed on the H80i v2 when LED Synch is working. My CPU was throttling at one point because of this.

This is actually the core of the problem. The fact that XOC is accessing the cooler is the issue ... the device can handle only a single connection at a time. So you "nice side effect" is preventing control and monitoring of the cooler.

The driver gets disabled because it crashes. As long as you have EVGA's LED Sync running, you will continue to have this problem.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem with Evga Led Sync and Corsair Link. When I leave Evga Led Sync enabled on Precision XOC, the Corsair Link driver is also deactivating and the Corsair Link does not show my H80i V2. The LED on the H80i v2 is normal. The solution I found at the time was to leave the led off and only turn on after starting Windows 10.

I have a similar problem with Evga Led Sync and Corsair Link. When I leave Evga Led Sync enabled on Precision XOC, the Corsair Link driver is also deactivating and the Corsair Link does not show my H80i V2. The LED on the H80i v2 is normal. The solution I found at the time was to leave the led off and only turn on after starting Windows 10.

This is completely due to EVGA's LED Sync. It takes over the device ... and the hardware is single-access. It shouldn't do this. You should disable EVGA's LED Sync.

Archived