Corsair Community

Corsair H100i GTX - Strange noise after rebuild

L3OUGH

Hi all,

I've just finished rebuilding my system into a new case. Before I took my PC apart everything was, the H100i GTX was as quiet (apart from fan noise) as a mouse.

I finished rebuilding my system into the new case, setup the same, rad in the top with fans pushing. Although now when I turn my PC on the pump make what I can only describe as running water. It's the liquid in the pump I imagine.

I was careful with the rad/pump during the change over etc. The noise isn't extremely loud but loud enough for me to notice it.

Should I be worried by the new noise? Do I leave my machine on a while and see if it settles? Please advise as I'm a little paranoid atm!! :(:

Many many thanks

Liam

You are always going to have some of this after you take the radiator down and re-mount it, but it should settle down before you could type this out. How often is it making the noise? Is it continuously gurgling? Make sure your BIOS settings for CPU_FAN or where the H100i GTX is connected did not change. It needs to supply a constant 12v (PWM, Full Speed, 100%, or whatever language Asus used on Z97 series).

You are always going to have some of this after you take the radiator down and re-mount it, but it should settle down before you could type this out. How often is it making the noise? Is it continuously gurgling? Make sure your BIOS settings for CPU_FAN or where the H100i GTX is connected did not change. It needs to supply a constant 12v (PWM, Full Speed, 100%, or whatever language Asus used on Z97 series).

It was making the noise CONSTANTLY. Only time it would stop was when I rebooted it and then it would only stop for a matter of 2 seconds then start again. I'm typing this from the PC, however I've taken the cooler out and gone back to my air cooler. Glad I didn't bin it!! I took the rad out, gave it a shake, remounted the pump again etc. Nothing made any difference.

So yeah I've gone back to air cooling till I decide what to do. I just didn't trust the thing to not spew it guts over my lovely and fresh rebuilt PC. I may contact them for an RMA maybe because it was not a normal noise and it's a right pain having to take it out, put it back etc.

Thanks for the reply though.

Anything constant is not a normal noise. I am not sure if we are talking about water sloshing sounds or mechanical noise, but the continuous nature isn't promising. If you like, you could experiment on it while outside the case. Connect the header to a CHA_FAN or even a molex to fan adapter if you have one. Don't worry about the fans. That really narrows the source down to the pump, and if it is the source, I would RMA it. There should not be a lot of variability in its behavior.

Archived