Corsair Community

All most nothing works

robandcathy

I touched on this in other threads, I have a brand new cooler H100i and a new link. Hooked up like I had old ones. The link software does not see lighting, or H100i, but does see everything else off of the MB. I uninstalled the beta and reinstalled the 2. something. tried different usb headers, tried under admin. restarted computer, tried different data cables, one thing Im unsure of is the light supposed to be "on" on the water block? because its not. The pump is working because temps are at 95deg. the lighting is working as well(without the link) but link sees no other modules. My profile says my hardware. Worst thing is you cant contrll the fan pump speed or fan speed, oh and it does not see a single fan as well. Now telling me to RMA is not the answer, its brand new, unless their selling old refurb rma units into circulation. This is by far the worst experience I have had with a computer product, as well as the most time spent trying to make it work.:evil:

I feel your pain! Here is what worked for me. With all components connected to the link completely uninstall the software. Make sure you stop the service/process from running. Search for any instances of corsair link. You may have to go in to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Corsair and delete. Restart computer then reinstall, after I did that all components showed up and ran as expected.

Hope this helps

Andy

tried that as well, I used elevated command prompt to enable the hidden admin account, where I uninstalled, searched for corsair and deleted the rest of left over, restarted and reinstalled, with no luck. I do get a cpu fan error on boot, and I assume the software pools device information from the bios, or windows not the commander its self because I unplugged the usb and it was still reading all the values. One last thing I did notice the black wire on the usb connector seemed melted, I was going to open up the commander and ohm out that wire but not sure if that will void warranty. UGH!!! So does anyone have any suggestions besides what I all ready did. I don't think there is anything left for me to do, because the commander does not see the pump, lighting, or fan. Im guessing its yet another bum commander out of the box. Now this would be number 7. Whis the unit would come with a led that would blink trouble codes.

i cant imagine your frustration at this point,have you tried just running the cooler without the link and hooking the fans to the block?

have your problems been basically the same with each cooler?

can you post a pic of your devices tab showing the installed firmware/software

can you also post a pic of this melted wire?

The link does not show up at all. I don't have time for the games to post a pic of the wire, this is 2 f%%%%%% years in the works and still does not work. Yes I edited it out. I did a clean install of windows 8 and the very first thing I did was load the link software that does not work! I have tried everything possible and still nothing. Don't need to post a pic of my hardware because its all there except for link products. The team needs to be replaced, fyi I bought the original cooler n just RMA it so its not a cooler problem, Im on my 6th commander though and for two F&*&&^$^%$ years not one has worked with different mobo's different windows versions, different fans. at one point I had some control of the link but with each new update less n less. Now IM SORRY IM FED UP but enough is enough. I spent more time on this than setting up 5 versions of windows, you can say what you want but this in my eyes is the most poorly designed software/hardware I HAVE EVER SEEN. When my asus extreme failed and I rma it, I had it in 2 days and guess what it worked on ALL levels of sub computing, usb, I/O hardware, software, ram, ram timing, overclocking, cpu step up, network, scsi, esata, ETC ETC ETC. So in honesty IM not asking a lot this company has one focus fan control, they have about 5% of the work load other major companies have. AND ITS A FAIL. Think about all the different varients Microsoft or evga or NVidia have to go through, there products are installed in countless different machines with different configs. AND THEY HAVE A MUCH BROADER SPECTRUM OF FOCUS. CoolGuy RamGUy just give me my money back and stick your product where the sun don't shine, IM done with this product. Ill go back to manual fan control. Where it works. Your team is either under staffed or under knowledged

sorry its been a bad trip for you,i suppose these coolers arent for everyone.

theres people here that would gladly help,myself included but you have to want to tho,obviously you dont and i respect that.

if you change your mind help is here.

• Corsair Employee

robandcathy

I am sorry that it is not working for you but did we replace this cooler a while back and if so what was the previous RMA# ? If not then please request an RMA and post the case number I will see it gets replaced ASAP.

robandcathy

I am sorry that it is not working for you but did we replace this cooler a while back and if so what was the previous RMA# ? If not then please request an RMA and post the case number I will see it gets replaced ASAP.

rob is having problems with the link commander not the cooler.he has had lots of troubles getting it to work,so far it has been replaced 6-7 times.

• 2 weeks later...

So after a while with RAm Guy on the phone we sorted out most of the issues, Ill try to recap, the commander was not showing up so we went ahead and pushed a firmware update to the commander even though it was not listed, we then updated the cooler firmware( which is in the cooling section of the corsair forums not the link) so everything started showing up, it was a counterproductive way to install it, but it worked.

******problem, only one so far my pump no longer shows up after the first reboot and I get the cpu fan error******* I tried playing with the cables switching em around but no luck.

So after a while with RAm Guy on the phone we sorted out most of the issues, Ill try to recap, the commander was not showing up so we went ahead and pushed a firmware update to the commander even though it was not listed, we then updated the cooler firmware( which is in the cooling section of the corsair forums not the link) so everything started showing up, it was a counterproductive way to install it, but it worked.

******problem, only one so far my pump no longer shows up after the first reboot and I get the cpu fan error******* I tried playing with the cables switching em around but no luck.

you have checked the seating of the cpu fan wire?

if wanted you can disable the fan check in bios

• Corsair Employee
Originally Posted by robandcathy View Post

And what are the CPU Temps like? is it running hotter?

Archived