Corsair Community

Link Commander Blinking Red Light

TLBradbury

The light on the back of my Commander unit is blinking (green), but every once in awhile it blinks red (I think 1 out of 16 blinks - it's hard to count that fast!).

I thought perhaps I could look up what this means in the vast amounts of documentation on the Link system... oh, wait. </sarcasm>

If anyone has any ideas and/or knowledge about what the light is intended to communicate, I would be interested in hearing about it!

I don't believe so. I think this was when I had just the Commander plugged in. I have been trying to get my H100i to connect through the Commander instead of being directly plugged into a USB header, but it isn't working. Now I have both plugged into USB headers and it is buy blinking, but most of the time red (every once in awhile I see a green blink). Gives new meaning to 'my system is on the blink'!

Is the H100i FW on 1.05? if so, there is a known issue with the detection when its connected to the Commander unit.

Green on and off (about twice per second) means that Stingray is attempting to connect to Windows. It will flash red every ~10 seconds if it cannot and will keep trying.

Solid green and flickering orange is used to show activity; since SierraSerivce is always running, the USB Commander should always be flickering.

Red on and off (about twice per second) indicates some hardware failure or that the unit is in boot-loader mode.

Yeah, I've since learned that this is just an indication of the system communicating. I swear, half the entries in the forums wouldn't be needed if there was decent documentation. I feel a bit sorry for how overloaded the support crew are. On the other hand, I hope the product manager is getting their butt kicked nine ways to Sunday for putting out a product line that wasn't ready.

Archived