The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Power Supplies (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   Corsair RMi : Aida64 shows all temperature sensors...but Corsair Link does not? (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188303)

corsican 06-20-2019 03:42 PM

Corsair RMi : Aida64 shows all temperature sensors...but Corsair Link does not?

can Aida64 read CL info better than CL software itself? :bigeyes:

Aida64 shows TWO sensors: Power Supply #1 & Power Supply #2

(PS. interestingly the #1 seems to be always hotter than #2)

But Corsair Link only shows ONE sensor (apparently the one that corresponds to Power Supply #2 in Aida64)

I can understand if CL only picks one sensor to show (the one that matters the most) but here it's not the case because Aida's sensor #1 is obviously the important one

I know cause I launched Prime95 + Furmark: in Aida64 only sensor #1 heated up, sensor #2 stayed the same (so it's a false sensor???)

so is that a bug in CLink if so can it be fixed? I rather use CL than Aida64

Yemble 06-21-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsican (Post 1008686)
can Aida64 read CL info better than CL software itself? :bigeyes:

Aida64 shows TWO sensors: Power Supply #1 & Power Supply #2

(PS. interestingly the #1 seems to be always hotter than #2)

But Corsair Link only shows ONE sensor (apparently the one that corresponds to Power Supply #2 in Aida64)

I can understand if CL only picks one sensor to show (the one that matters the most) but here it's not the case because Aida's sensor #1 is obviously the important one

I know cause I launched Prime95 + Furmark: in Aida64 only sensor #1 heated up, sensor #2 stayed the same (so it's a false sensor???)

so is that a bug in CLink if so can it be fixed? I rather use CL than Aida64

I think that this is probably true for a lot of Corsair PSU models. With my HX850i, I just pick the AIDA64 sensor that matches the iCUE sensor temp and ignore the second one.

Not all sensors are useful. For example, Samsung NVMe drives have two temperature sensors!

corsican 06-21-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yemble (Post 1008764)
I think that this is probably true for a lot of Corsair PSU models. With my HX850i, I just pick the AIDA64 sensor that matches the iCUE sensor temp and ignore the second one.

Not all sensors are useful. For example, Samsung NVMe drives have two temperature sensors!

"iCUE"?

you mean the sensor with the highest temp?

Vegan 06-22-2019 05:20 PM

I use Corsair Link which accurately reads my AX860i completely

corsican 06-23-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegan (Post 1008940)
I use Corsair Link which accurately reads my AX860i completely

well here I use CL too with my RMi & it only shows 1 sensor (the false sensor at that) so unfortunately I can't use CL & I've to use 3rd party to show the correct sensor :/

(Aida shows both the real & false sensor readings)

what's your CL version?

Vegan 06-24-2019 06:21 PM

CL 4.9.9.3 according to the about box

corsican 06-24-2019 07:39 PM

yeah that's mine too v4.9.9.3 original setup exe DL'ed from Corsair

so that version's buggy apparently can't correctly read sensors at least not on RMi series

any way to report this sort of bug? so they can fix it

DevBiker 06-24-2019 10:14 PM

Link is End of Life. Nothing will be fixed.

corsican 06-25-2019 04:51 PM

end of life? so what replaces it?

(and how come it ain't fully compatible with the RMi line?)

DevBiker 06-25-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsican (Post 1009319)
end of life? so what replaces it?

(and how come it ain't fully compatible with the RMi line?)

Uhhhh ... iCUE.
And yeah, it's compatible with the RMi line.

corsican 06-25-2019 06:27 PM

k never heard of ICUE (sounds like they basically renamed CL) gonna check it out

weird that the app with the old name's still available for download on their site though +_-

edit> WTF that new app is huge over 300mb is there a "trimmer" version? I just wanna monitor the PSU nothing else

DevBiker 06-26-2019 12:13 AM

iCUE is an all-in-one app for ALL of Corsair's RGB peripherals, which are quite numerous. If the PSU is the only thing, you may be better off with Link. Just keep in mind that Link isn't changing.

corsican 06-26-2019 12:27 AM

figures :/

is there at least an option for custom install ICUE? (eg. choose which components to install so I'd only choose PSU monitor)

Corsair Kevin 07-08-2019 05:42 PM

Corsican, there's no way to choose components to install. It all comes as a single package.

jonnyguru 07-09-2019 01:56 AM

Guys... it was a conscious decision to only report one temperature from the PSU.

The PSU does measure multiple temperatures from multiple points within the PSU, but that is for the PSU to know! Not the user!

We found that with reporting multiple temperatures, many users would freak out on the really high ones, wonder why the fan still wasn't spinning when one reading was higher than the other, etc. So it was determined that the temp probe that reports the "ambient temperature" of the inside of the PSU housing would be the best to report.