The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cooling (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Only RGB from Fan 1 of 3 (CoPro and RGB Hub) (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191177)

disocpete 10-25-2019 06:07 AM

Only RGB from Fan 1 of 3 (CoPro and RGB Hub)

5 Attachment(s)
Having searched an read much of what has gone before I think this warrants a new thread due to the setup:

Issue: I can only get RGB lighting from Fan 1 (of 3) when connected to the RGB hub. I have tried all 3 fans in port 1 and they all get RGB in that pot but only that fan. ALL FANS SPIN UP.

I have connected the following:
3 HD120 fans into the RGB hub with 3 pin cables and 4 pin cables on the CoPro
RGB hub into LED 2 on CoPro
CoPro detected in iCue and I setup 3 HD120s on Lighting Channel 2 with raindow effect
CoPro did a firmware update too so i completed this before setting up the fans in iCue.
Both RGB Hub and CoPro are on their own single sata cable from the brand new corsair 750w PSU

Testing:
  • All fans spin
  • All fans RGB work in port 1 on the RGB hub (no RGB from other fans
  • I have re ordered the fans on the RGB hub connecting in ports 1 2 3 but only port 1 will work for RGB.
  • Prior to the CoPro introduction, fans all worked correctly using the RGB hub and the HD lighting controller.
  • iCue up to date
  • CoPro Firmware up to date

What have I done wrong?
All fans work (if in port 1 on the RGB hub) so it must be a connection or software issue.

I note that in icue all 3 fans display but only one is achieving 12v the rest are much lower.

disocpete 10-25-2019 06:15 AM

supplimentry test - thought it was a power issue.

moved the RGB HUB onto another sata cable but this hasnt acheievd anymore.

disocpete 10-25-2019 08:30 AM

Would connecting the fans back onto the mobo headers provide more power? / solve the issue?

Gigabyte z270-hd3p is the mobo model

disocpete 10-25-2019 09:01 AM

nope same issue powering fans off motherboards sys_fan connectors

disocpete 10-25-2019 09:07 AM

Same result with Corsair Link (icue uninstalled)

disocpete 10-25-2019 09:50 AM

ok something has happened

I now have RGB to 2 fans (slots 1 and 2 on the RGB Hub) but the second is just white except for 2 of the leds, 1 is yellow and 1 is pink - constant colour for all leds on that second fan. the 3rd is still dark.

disocpete 10-25-2019 10:15 AM

Ok for fun i powered off and connected the lighting control back instead of the CoPro. Now just 1 fan has full colour the next one only has one led lit and the 3rd is dark.

dodgy fan?

Corsair Mike 10-31-2019 07:50 PM

Hi Disocpete,

Could be a bad LED on the 2nd fan. You can test by swapping fan 2 and 3 on the hub. if it doesn't help it's likely the hub itself.

disocpete 11-01-2019 12:05 AM

All the fans work if in slot 1 of the hub so I think it's that

DevBiker 11-01-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disocpete (Post 1022817)
All the fans work if in slot 1 of the hub so I think it's that

Just because they all work individually in slot 1 doesn't mean that they are good. The fans pass signal to the next fan in line and this is what typically turns out to be the issue. So you need a known good fan (that works in slot 1) on slot 2 AND verify that the fan works in slot 1.

disocpete 11-01-2019 09:13 AM

But as I've said, each fna in slot 1 works but none of the others do in slots 2 and 3 so how can I determine a bad fan when I get all the same results with the fans in the slots as you describe.

Logged with support so hopefully they'll sort me out (rma)

disocpete 11-21-2019 07:53 AM

Corsair have RMA'd the fans for me- got new ones. all working, now waiting for a new CoPro <> RGB Hub cable (doh) and then I'll be in business. The fans are working off the RGB controller for now.