The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corsair Link (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Windows 8.1 (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119918)

Warboy 06-27-2013 07:53 PM

Windows 8.1

Well, I figured someone should say it. Corsair Link doesn't work with Windows 8.1 Preview [should not change in retail either]

Any plans to fix this RAMGUY?

RAM GUY 06-27-2013 08:13 PM

I have not tried Windows 8.1 so I cant comment on it but if its BETA not final release I know we will not work on it till its in RC2 or final release. A lot of us already been there done that before with pre-release software only to find it totally change in its final release and had to write new code to over come it.

Warboy 06-27-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM GUY (Post 662022)
I have not tried Windows 8.1 so I cant comment on it but if its BETA not final release I know we will not work on it till its in RC2 or final release. A lot of us already been there done that before with pre-release software only to find it totally change in its final release and had to write new code to over come it.

Rumor is it is RC/RC2, Due out in August from the sound of it. I don't know if you want to contact people at microsoft to confirm that. But considering this Preview is available via the Windows Store. You should consider supporting it.

Toasted 06-28-2013 08:09 AM

Just curious, what kind of problems are you experiencing with the software when using Windows 8.1 beta?

fredgagne79 06-28-2013 08:17 AM

Same Problem

I've got the same problem since my update to Windows 8.1 preview:

Corsair Link software dosen't show the pump & fan speed anymore (show as 0 rpm):mad:

I hope they're going to fix this in the final release!

Warboy 06-28-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredgagne79 (Post 662102)
I've got the same problem since my update to Windows 8.1 preview:

Corsair Link software dosen't show the pump & fan speed anymore (show as 0 rpm):mad:

I hope they're going to fix this in the final release!

Their not even detected on my side. I'm assuming the driver is bad since Windows 8.1 uses WDDM 1.3 [normal 8 used 1.2, 7 used 1.1]

RAM GUY 06-28-2013 02:59 PM

I am sorry but all I can tell you is that it is not supported and we only just added support for Windows 8 so I do not expect support for the next version of Windows till 6-12 Months after its official release. However, I would see if you can install in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and make sure it is installed as an administrator.

Warboy 06-28-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM GUY (Post 662184)
I am sorry but all I can tell you is that it is not supported and we only just added support for Windows 8 so I do not expect support for the next version of Windows till 6-12 Months after its official release. However, I would see if you can install in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and make sure it is installed as an administrator.

No that doesn't work, Already tried that. It needs a new driver for the internals. Test it yourself. This is basically a free upgrade from Windows 8. You guys need to jump on the ball.

VameqFytr 07-11-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warboy (Post 662268)
No that doesn't work, Already tried that. It needs a new driver for the internals. Test it yourself. This is basically a free upgrade from Windows 8. You guys need to jump on the ball.

You, sir, are incredibly too grumpy that software doesn't work on a re-worked OS that's been released as a preview for a matter of days.

Stuff's going to be broken. Get over it.

Link seems to work fine other than the hardware monitor service. (Thus why the temps don't show) You can still enforce fan speeds and such with some limited functionality.

I'll check if there's a way to get the service installed, but I doubt it's possible until 8.1 is officially released and Corsair makes the necessary changes and verifies functionality.

oscillik 07-11-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VameqFytr (Post 664443)
You, sir, are incredibly too grumpy that software doesn't work on a re-worked OS that's been released as a preview for a matter of days.

Link seems to work fine other than the hardware monitor service. (Thus why the temps don't show) You can still enforce fan speeds and such with some limited functionality.

I'll check if there's a way to get the service installed, but I doubt it's possible until 8.1 is officially released and Corsair makes the necessary changes and verifies functionality.

so you're saying we can still control fan speeds in Windows 8.1? that's all I'm bothered about at the moment.

RAM GUY 07-11-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
Yes Sir we will do that when it is released. Until then I am sorry that is just not going to happen

Warboy 07-13-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VameqFytr (Post 664443)

I'm not being grumpy, Im just stating facts, and no you can't use fan control. That's has to use the driver too. So I have no idea where you pull that out of.

wytnyt 07-13-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warboy (Post 664800)
I'm not being grumpy, Im just stating facts, and no you can't use fan control. That's has to use the driver too. So I have no idea where you pull that out of.

how can you possibly expect corsair to support this when it hasnt been officially released yet?
microsoft needs to collaborate with corsair and that wont happen till its released.

riscorpian 07-19-2013 06:40 AM

I've been running the latest Link beta with 8.1 for a while now. It does work, but only with a little extra effort. It seems to be a gamble every time I start it up. Most of the time, all readings are blank. Heading to Options and restarting the service fixes this though. Other than that, everything seems fine to me. The only other annoyance I've encountered is the software's determination to start on my primary monitor, despite me constantly moving it to the secondary screen. But that has nothing to do with the particular OS being run. It just does that regardless (I had the same problem on 8).

sprocket777 07-22-2013 11:29 AM

I have tried everything and can't get the software to work in 8.1. My fans and the cooler are not even being detected.