Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 fans not lighting up

Kinky_Hazard

Hello,

I built my build 3 months ago from new and has been working correctly, but a few days ago 3x

of my LL120 fans stopped lighting up, they spin but no lights, I have 6 in total and the other three light up fine, please help!

I've checked the connections they all seem to be in fine, and updated all software and drivers.

Specs:

• Asrock taichi Z370
  • Intel I7 8700k
  • H150i pro
  • EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
  • Evo m.2 SSD
  • scandisk SSD
  • WD hard drive (mech)
  • 16gb Corsair vengeance RGB (white 2x8gb)
  • 6x LL120 RGB Fans
  • Corsair RMX750w PSU
  • Lighting Node Pro
  • crystal 570x

Edited by Kinky_Hazard
additional info

Can you identify which three do not light up -- in terms of their RGB Lighting Hub number? So, 1-2-3 light up and 4-5-6 do not?

If so, try changing the order temporarily. The RGB hub works in series, so if 3 is on, 4-5-6 out, then the problem must lie between fan 3 and 4. Move 4 to 1 and see if it lights up. Move 3 to 1 and see what happens to #2.

Can you identify which three do not light up -- in terms of their RGB Lighting Hub number? So, 1-2-3 light up and 4-5-6 do not?

If so, try changing the order temporarily. The RGB hub works in series, so if 3 is on, 4-5-6 out, then the problem must lie between fan 3 and 4. Move 4 to 1 and see if it lights up. Move 3 to 1 and see what happens to #2.

1,2,3 work correctly it is 4,5,6 that do not light up, i will switch around to see if they light up, watch this space!

I took fans 4,5,6, unplugged them and placed each one into port 3, they all light up when i do this so the problem seems to lie in the lighting node on ports 4,5,6.

Fan 3 was plugged into port 6 and it did not light up.

It could be a bad RGB hub and a break between 3 and 4 in the box. However, we have seen issues on the fan side as well. Take fan #3 and plug it into port 1. If that knocks out 2-6, then the short is on the fan rather than the RGB hub.

For both, contact Corsair through the ticket system. If the above test produced no change, then it seems the RGB hub is culprit. If 2-6 go out, then the fan is the problem.

It could be a bad RGB hub and a break between 3 and 4 in the box. However, we have seen issues on the fan side as well. Take fan #3 and plug it into port 1. If that knocks out 2-6, then the short is on the fan rather than the RGB hub.

For both, contact Corsair through the ticket system. If the above test produced no change, then it seems the RGB hub is culprit. If 2-6 go out, then the fan is the problem.

I took fan 4 out and plugged it onto port 1, this caused fan 4 to light up but it also knocked fan 3 out!but the wired thing is fan one also stayed lit up even though i took fan one out!?

Thanks for all your help btw

Original fan 1 stayed lit with the small flat RGB cable dangling in the air? Or did you mean in port 4, but fan 3 went out which means 4-5-6 should also be out?

I am afraid this is a bit of a logic puzzle. You have to move them around to isolate a bad fan or a bad RGB hub. The bad RGB hub should be consistent, with ports 4-5-6 never working for any fan. The bad fan is more difficult, as the effect shifts when you move it around.

Original fan 1 stayed lit with the small flat RGB cable dangling in the air? Or did you mean in port 4, but fan 3 went out which means 4-5-6 should also be out?

I am afraid this is a bit of a logic puzzle. You have to move them around to isolate a bad fan or a bad RGB hub. The bad RGB hub should be consistent, with ports 4-5-6 never working for any fan. The bad fan is more difficult, as the effect shifts when you move it around.

my bad i got confused fan 1 is in fact out but 2,3,4 light up when i take fan 4 and put it into port 1

so sorry.

• 11 months later...

I have the problem where I have 5 LL fans, 3 120's and 2 140's.

I bought the 120's as a set of three and it came with the node, I purchased 2 additional 140's to add in. I set this all up around June and all worked fine but now 1 120 and 2 140's are not lighting up. I have updated iCUE and the firmware this morning but they are still not lighting up.

I briefly got them lit this morning messing about with profiles but after restarting they are off again, please help.

First, check that your channel is configured correctly.

Also, make sure that they are connected to the RGB Fan LED Hub correctly - should be in ports 1-5. No skipping.

If so, use Instant Lighting - does that light them up? If not, look at rearranging the fans on the hub.

I have not done anything with the hardware as this problem looks intermittent.

When I first opened iCUE I got the three problem ones lighting up but they were on a different scheme to the other fans, the mouse and the keyboard.

I had everything working 100% eventually yesterday after keeping iCUE open for a while.

This morning they again were not on but whilst writing this with iCUE open they have just come on and again not following the colour scheme as the rest.

I will update my system information as soon as I can.

Thank you for your help DevBiker

All on now following the colour scheme.

Specs updated

Edited by Bling35

• 3 weeks later...

I have this exact issue. If I leave my PC on my fans will eventually turn on (RGB). They worked fine for the first 5 days and then they started being wonky.

This feels like a hardware/Software issue but it's so inconsistent it's hard to tell. initially it was my lighting node that was broke since only 3x fans owuld light up. Switched it out but still have issues.