Corsair Community

M65 Pro Scroll Wheel HOPPED OFF?!

This afternoon, out of nowhere, my scroll wheel on my M65 Pro RGB mouse stops working, and I immediately notice that these "notches" on the scroll wheel, which prevents the wheel from keep scrolling, are no longer there?!

It's like the wheel has hopped of it's wheel. I can still middle click with the scroll wheel in order to open another tab, and I can use left and right mouse buttons, but the scroll functions just stopped working of some point?!

I immediately looked up a possible fix on YouTube, and found one where he instructed to remove the screws underneath the mouse and then remove the top cover of the mouse - but I haven't even got a screwdriver that small for those screws - so I abandoned that video and have now taken an old mouse in use as backup until I either gets this fixed or buys a new one.

I've had this mouse for about two years now, and out of the blue, this happens?! How tf can this happen? Have anybody experienced this?

I've seen loose clicks, stuck sniper buttons, strange scroll wheel glow... but never a runaway mouse wheel on the M65 series. I think it's just a central axis holding it in place, so I suppose if that broke or more likely came out of its holder, then the wheel could come out. Definitely not a commonly reported problem. Warranty is two years, so I am not sure how close you are to the end. Find the purchase invoice and contact Corsair. You also might want to price check a replacement if you like the mouse. The M65 Elite has pushed the Pro prices down to the point where you might want to compare new mouse vs time & shipping for RMA. Or get the new Elite version.

I've seen loose clicks, stuck sniper buttons, strange scroll wheel glow... but never a runaway mouse wheel on the M65 series. I think it's just a central axis holding it in place, so I suppose if that broke or more likely came out of its holder, then the wheel could come out. Definitely not a commonly reported problem. Warranty is two years, so I am not sure how close you are to the end. Find the purchase invoice and contact Corsair. You also might want to price check a replacement if you like the mouse. The M65 Elite has pushed the Pro prices down to the point where you might want to compare new mouse vs time & shipping for RMA. Or get the new Elite version.

Yeah... Get the elite version.... Right.

How can these things pass quality checks still grinds my gears ( instead of grinding the scroll wheel ) sarcasm

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkD9vVGhBRQ[/ame]

Yeah... Get the elite version.... Right.

How can these things pass quality checks still grinds my gears ( instead of grinding the scroll wheel ) sarcasm

I take it your wheel hasn't hopped off. I have two Elites of the shelf. Neither do that. Take that thing back while you still can. The OP's mouse is not brand new, so not really the same issue.

Archived