The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Corsair Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   CUE Feature Suggestions (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138328)

CoilWinder 05-05-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BingoFishy (Post 843491)
In the lighting effect section, it's impossible to use a decimal. It makes it nearly impossible to sync my mouse lighting breathing effect (impossible to change in the mouse software) with my keyboard. My mouse has an about 5.5 second breathing time. I've included a screenshot so it's easier to tell what I mean.

I was wondering if non-integer numbers could be added.

(Edited out picture)

Just as a sidenote to your request. If it is exactly 5.5 seconds, you could make a double gradient that lasts 11 seconds.

CoilWinder 05-05-2016 01:06 AM

I'd like a feature to save / restore the keyboard firmware manually.

IVAN69 05-06-2016 07:24 AM

Ifttt

I'd like to see IFTTT integration so that when the mrs is on the way home the keyboard could warn me that it's time to stop gaming and get the dinner on ;):

Xiltyn 05-09-2016 03:47 AM

Profile Switching option in Macro creator.

So I've been playing Skyforge and with the class changing in the game it has been really nice being able to swap my profiles for keyboard and mouse with a single button push BUT I'd really like to be able to have a single button both change my CUE profile as well as send message to the game to change my class:

IE:
enter
/class necromancer
enter
profile skyforge~necromancer

now the way I have started I actually have to break down the individual keystrokes to their own line in the macro ( / c l a s s <- each stroke a separate line in the macro editor) so it would be nice to not only have the profile change option in the macro editor but also a 'line text' option.

Perhaps this is already possible (I mean other than writing up a full macro in notepad) in a way I am totally unaware of.

IVAN69 05-18-2016 04:05 PM

Keystroke and mode switch in one single keypress.

While using Adobe Lightroom I would like to be able to press a key and have the keyboard both pass the keystroke to the app and switch to another mode. This will allow me to setup a "Library" mode and a "Develop" mode and have both Lightroom switch module and CUE switch mode when I press a single key. The newly selected mode will then highlight the appropriate keyboard shortcuts for that module.

pdp 05-29-2016 12:39 AM

When using a shortcut action to launch a program, the manual says:

If the custom program requires
additional startup arguments, in the
Program arguments (optional) field,
type the startup arguments for your
program.

Unfortunately, this input field is missing from the current version of the program. The workaround would be to use a .BAT wrapper, but this doesn't work, either: you get "Windows cannot find 'C:/Windows/System32/foo.bat'..." in a popup.

This effectively cripples the shortcut action feature.

Later edit: I got the workaround to work by moving foo.bat to the desktop

_Reed 05-29-2016 06:58 PM

What about an animation system? Say when I start up a game it flashes the game color then goes to the profile

Inheritance 05-30-2016 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdp (Post 855219)
When using a shortcut action to launch a program, the manual says:

If the custom program requires
additional startup arguments, in the
Program arguments (optional) field,
type the startup arguments for your
program.

Unfortunately, this input field is missing from the current version of the program. The workaround would be to use a .BAT wrapper, but this doesn't work, either: you get "Windows cannot find 'C:/Windows/System32/foo.bat'..." in a popup.

This effectively cripples the shortcut action feature.

Later edit: I got the workaround to work by moving foo.bat to the desktop

They had the option for arguments in previous versions of CUE but it was removed due to security concerns. If you want a older build of CUE check the FAQ in my signature.

hockeyrink 06-06-2016 12:52 PM

FN+key modifers for macro mapping! Why no enabled?

It's the reason I bought a Corsair is for the CUE software. I read it was very good (it is; much more robust than the TriggerZ on my CMStorm), but the LACK of ability to remap keys with modifiers is SUPER FRUSTRATING.

FN+S or CTRL+ALT+K, or whatever I want. I like the ability to be in charge of what my keystroke sends to my PC based on my modifiers!

I don't game as much as I work, I really a disappointed that even the basic "FN+" modifier isn't already in place. I didn't want a keyboard with another 2 rows of dedicated macro keys - I WANT MAH MODIFIER! :mad:

Thenkyouverymuchforentertainingmyrant. :bigeyes:

-Dave

Speins 06-09-2016 05:39 AM

Go to Assignments, right click the button you want to change, 'assign new action', go to keystroke and there you have it. As if cue wouldn't support modifiers :D.
With the FN key it is different though.
The FN keystroke is not being sent to windows so it's up the drivers from the laptop manufacturer to interpret the signal.
So you would have to find different hotkeys to do what the FN key does (see Media Control in the assign menu, win+p to change to presenter mode etc.)

PCMRShadowWolf 06-19-2016 04:46 PM

I'd like an audio visualizer.

jl94x4 06-20-2016 01:35 AM

Will we ever get to hook profiles into game events? Like triggers.

Say i have the cops on me in GTA V, the trigger of the stars would make my keyboard flash blue/red. I can think of stuff for a lot of games, but this is the best example i could give thats easy for people to understand.

nkevros 06-20-2016 07:13 PM

My biggest suggestion for enhancement is to finally fix the excessive CPU utilization issue I've been having. k70 RGB, Windows 10, often CUE gets to 30% CPU usage. Sometimes killing and restarting fixes it.

Common occurrence. Need to uninstall it again because it's trash. http://imgur.com/4tjUzgJ

Please add (1)the option to switch off all LEDs automatically when the screen is turned off or after an adjustable period of time and (2) the option to turn off automatic CUE and FW check for updates.

Sneaking Shadow 06-26-2016 12:41 PM

My suggestions would be:
Add opening of websites to shortcut action.
Give the user the ability to do more advanced stuff like, reading from and writing to files, actions taking variables, etc.