The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Corsair Software (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   CUE Feature Suggestions (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138328)

Schadenfreude 01-21-2016 01:45 AM

In the macro "Actions Editor", is there some way to create macros that default to Keystroke ("Input key/keys") events instead of "key down" and "key up" events if the keypress is:

1) A simple down+up event of one key
2) Not part of a key combination (like Shift+A)
3) The "Record delays" option is turned off

Right now, every time I record a macro I have to go back through the entire thing and convert everything to keystroke events to make them more manageable. Seems like this would be a very doable thing to automate, even if it was just a post-processing option to convert adjacent keydown/keyup events into the single keystroke event.

n3m37h 01-22-2016 08:16 PM

This is for the Void headset.
Now that we have the "Activate sound notifications, could we some of these?
1) change the volume of those notifications
2) different voices / custom sounds / a variety of sounds to choose from
3) range of sound reduction for those notifications
4) show battery % while charging
5) lighting profile based on battery/charging (charging/100%/80%/60%/40%/20%)
6) reprogramming of certain buttons (Mic mute/Side tone, EQ/Surround)

CoilWinder 01-26-2016 01:32 PM

Pretty new to my keyboard (The Strafe RGB), and maybe something like this is suggested before. Also, as I found workarounds for most of them, this might not be that important, but it would still be nice imho.
  • Ability to ctrl-click on key groups to select more groups simultaneously
  • A right-click menu with "invert selection", or similar. Though I accidentally found out a ctrl-drag also does that (and with better control), but context menu in addition would still be nice. And easier to figure out. Or an "invert selection" button.
  • Some way of detaching a group's lighting effect from the collective group and instead bind it (the lightiing effect) to each key. Yes I also found out this is possible now, by not selecting a group, but instead select all the keys individually and then drag a lighting effect to them. And then edit it, while all keys are still selected. Even if it's the same keys as in a group, just without being selected via a group button. This seems a bit cumbersome when one already have an easy way of selecting a group of keys, and you still have to select them one by one basically. Maybe a right-click context menu with "detach group lighting", or something like that. And the reverse, "Use as group lighting", for the selected key in the selected group (Since maybe the same key might be a member of different groups?). Hope that made some sense.
  • I also wish the groups were visible in "standard settings".
  • A way of spanning a (static) color gradient across a group in some direction, kind of like the wave effect thing, except in space and not time :P Maybe even use the same wave settings dialogue but include an extra option for the gradient graph's X-axis: Time or space. :-)

remilton 01-27-2016 02:56 PM

The one thing I would most like to see is the use of absolute mouse coordinates in macros. I often wish I could click one or more buttons in a sequence on screen with a macro, but if the cursor does not know where it is or where to start from, it is useless.

Catfrost 01-29-2016 06:16 PM

Strafe RGB: Set 16.8 mode ON by default in CUE for Strafe RGB owners.
Beware, most keyboards will have an older fw out of the box, so make sure to prompt the user to update first, then enable the option. Otherwise some users will never be able to experience the full rgb looks.

terabyte 01-30-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfrost (Post 833967)
Strafe RGB: Set 16.8 mode ON by default in CUE for Strafe RGB owners.
Beware, most keyboards will have an older fw out of the box, so make sure to prompt the user to update first, then enable the option. Otherwise some users will never be able to experience the full rgb looks.

That setting applies only to K65, K70 and K95. STRAFE RGB has a different/new LED controller that can handle 16,8m colors without flicker, thus the setting is useless for it.

SPOHNMAN 01-30-2016 12:27 PM

I'm a newbie to the Corsair line, so how many layers can you have on one given profile?

MasterX1995 01-30-2016 12:47 PM

Really miss the opportunity to assign a key to go back to Automatic Profile Switching. With this i can assign a key to go to a specific profile (like when i go away and want a cool lighting effect like a "screensaver" for the keyboard) and then back to automatic when i am using the keyboard again.

CoilWinder 01-31-2016 07:01 AM

A couple of more wishes to the genies in the bottles :)
  • "Link profile to program" settings should also accept .scr (screensavers). If there is a way to do it, I haven't figured out how.
  • Ability to set multiple keys for one action (modifiers), as have been suggested before, I just thought it deserved another mention :)
  • Ability to override the caps lock, scroll lock and numlock lights.
  • Add option to disable "Ctrl + Esc" key for the "When keyboard lock is on" setting under the profiles Performance tab (If possible).

Catfrost 02-01-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terabyte (Post 834068)
That setting applies only to K65, K70 and K95. STRAFE RGB has a different/new LED controller that can handle 16,8m colors without flicker, thus the setting is useless for it.

The option is still there, even for Strafe users, and it is "OFF" by default.
Even if it does nothing, it should be just turned off for Strafe users then, because it is just confusing.
Or the software just show a tick there for Strafe users.

Either way, it's just weird like now.
(If it really does nothing.)

Frostbite1003 02-01-2016 02:04 PM

Re-enable automatic profile switching

I hope this hasn't been posted already:

There is the possibility to activate a certain profile (or mode) when pressing a key, but this deactivates the automatic profile switching and I have to re-enable it by using the system tray icon. A better solution to this would be the possibility to map this function to a button.

What I especially have in mind is creating menu-like structures in one profile that can be accessed by every other profile by the scroll lock button (who needs that button anyway?). That part works fine already. I want to be able to press that button again in my "menu profile" to re-enable the automatic switching and by that return to the previously (automatically) selected profile.

So basically it's just the possibility of mapping an already existing CUE function to a key. That would be great! :)

EDIT: Damn it, this was suggested three days earlier and is even visible on this page :D Next time I should at least spend SOME time on reading...

RacerXNFS 02-18-2016 02:20 AM

Is support for older Corsair peripherals at all possible? CUE runs so much better with the M65 RGB's lighting and macro support, meanwhile the Raptor K50's software really is stuck in the dark ages. Having to run 2 separate programs in itself is pretty cumbersome too. This is probably the only thing I feel I can suggest, I've been quite happy with everything otherwise.

paradonym 02-24-2016 06:07 AM

1. Customization of all keys... (including the "disable windows key" key on Strafe RGB)
2. per key brightness settings, not general for all keys. the brightness key on the keyboard then could ramp up each key to the next step, so a 33%-key would set to 66% while a 66% would set to 100%...
3. same for general light modes, having parts of the keyboard in standard config mode configured to spiral rainbow while other parts do type-lighting... Or combining them, spiral rainbow with type lighting on letter keys, without type lighting and with different colors on number row, keypad on static breathing color aso...
4. easier speed settings - downloading a profile from the web normally lights the keyboard way too fast, so a general setting to make every animation XX percent more or less of the current speed would be great.
ex. "Fire" profile looks rather like a gas burner than a cozy open fire...

EDIT:
5. Notification lighting... having some LEDs flashing shortly in a specific color when an e-mail comes in or there's something new in the windows 10 notification bar.

GTK48 02-28-2016 05:16 PM

I would love to open CUE and NOT have it go back to the default Profile.

vingamer234 03-01-2016 08:16 AM

With linking a profile to a program, it's possible that other programs can steal focus away from a program unintentionally, changing CUE back to the default profile.
(I'll go ahead and say what programs - things like Zorro or CinemaDrape. I'm guessing there are more cases where it could happen though)

I'd like to see an 'ignore program' option somewhere, effectively causing a program to not be visible to CUE, thus not changing back to the default profile. It can be sort of like logic; When this program IS running AND that program is NOT running, use this profile.

(Heck, that's another idea, allow assigning one profile to multiple programs!)