Corsair Community

Harpoon RGB Wireless Firmware Update

misterkim

Updating of firmware keeps on failing. It seems like it doesn't even move above 0%. It just fails after ~5 seconds. It doesn't brick or anything. Everything is still working even after a failed update but I just want the latest version of the firmware. After failing I need to restart iCUE to be able to click the update button again.

USB version: 3.1

iCUE version: 3.23.66

Mouse firmware version: 0.6.70

Dongle firmware version: 0.5.49

Updating to firmware version: 1.7.58

Weird thing is that I was able to update my K63 Wireless keyboard. But my Harpoon Wireless mouse always fails the update. I thought something was defective with it but everything is working (wired, 2.4G, bluetooth). Even so, it would be great to have the latest version as the current firmware of my mouse didn't even made it to version 1.0.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I registered on the forum just to post a reply here! I googled this exact problem and found this post. Exactly the same issue.

I contacted Corsair and after being asked to rip out iCue by uninstall and manual registry deletions, they gave up and told me to RMA the mouse.

Amazon sent me a replacement and I basically had the same problem!

After faffing around I found a way to sort it... here's my email to their support:

Hello Again!

I have news of my testing... the replacement mouse worked initially. I followed the previous instructions from corsair to uninstall iCue, and remove program folders, and registry entries and then I restarted.

I installed the very latest version of iCue, (3.26.95) and allowed the software to detect my iCue compatible devices (Harpoon mouse, K57 RGB Keyboard, H115i Cooler, Vengence RGB Pro RAM, and Lighting Node Core from ATX Case) ... The only device showing available firmware updates was the new replacement RGB Harpoon mouse and its dongle (as suspected)...

I attempted to update the firmware on these new devices and it failed just as before.

As a last resort, I installed iCue onto my work laptop (a HP Elitebook 840 G6) and plugged in the USB receiver and the mouse via USB Cable. The update was successful for the receiver but then the mouse firmware failed, as before. Next, I restarted the laptop and tired initiaing USB Wireless receiver pairing,this failed twice and on the third attempt was sucessful. I then tried updating the mouse firmware again and it was at last successful !! I now have the dongle at version 1.7.58, and the mouse firmware at 1.9.85

I have since taken my "faulty" mouse that corsair wanted me to RMA, and connected it to my work laptop and have also been able to successfully update the firmwares!

I believe the problem must lie in something like an incompatibility between the iCue software and the USB chipset/drivers of my Desktop Computer. For your reference her is my sysinfo output for hardware:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name AORUS-Z390

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Default string

Processor Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F12c, 18/12/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.1

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Product Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI-CF

• 1 month later...

I signed up on here just to say this actually worked!

After a month of having to use my Harpoon RGB through USB and Corsair support trying to RMA my mouse I found this.

I have the exact same Motherboard/CPU as you. So I installed iCue on a different device and managed to update the dongle and mouse then pair them. Now it works properly on my PC!

It cant be a coincidence that I have the exact same model of Motherboard (Gigabyte Z390 Auorus Pro WiFi). This should be something Corsair look into as I'm sure we're not the only ones with this problem.

Hi guys, I registered on the forum just to post a reply here! I googled this exact problem and found this post. Exactly the same issue.

I contacted Corsair and after being asked to rip out iCue by uninstall and manual registry deletions, they gave up and told me to RMA the mouse.

Amazon sent me a replacement and I basically had the same problem!

After faffing around I found a way to sort it... here's my email to their support: