Corsair Community

Have 9 fans but only 6 headers on commander pro

MadreInChina

Yes, but both fans on the splitters will run at the same speed. Also, don't put more than one splitter per Commander PWM header, you'll draw to much power for the commander to handle.

So if I use a 3 way spliter on my mobo i can have 3 fans controled in corsair icue? Will my mobo beable to handle 3 fans on one pwm? My mobo idea is asus z370 prime a

So if I use a 3 way spliter on my mobo i can have 3 fans controled in corsair icue

No. Your motherboard headers are controlled by your BIOS settings or whatever software your motherboard vendor makes available. iCUE controls peripherals and internal devices, one of which is a Corsair Commander Pro. That is a fan controller and RGB interface tool. If you want fan control, you need that. Either way, you will want the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro for RGB control. See the sticky here for more information. There are some requirements to set this up.

Will my mobo beable to handle 3 fans on one pwm? My mobo idea is asus z370 prime a

The overwhelming majority of motherboard fan headers have a 1.0A current limit. Always check your manual to verify. Obviously this also very fan specific, so you have to total it up on a model by model basis. Current flow is very dynamic and you should not assume max limits are hard caps. Always leave some room. A 0.80A total is safe for most things. I occasionally push it 0.90A with fans that have been tried and tested. I don't recommend that for people unless they are very comfortable with how there gear works or anyone who is risk adverse.

Archived