Corsair Community

Test before install?

Daddyjaxx

I'm a DIY water cooler and have been for 14 years. I purchased an H100i v2 for testing purposes before doing my own thing. I am very apprehensive to install anything with water and electricity involved on a 500.00 mobo and 1700.00 CPU before I know it doesn't leak. Can I use a 4 pin to 3 pin fan connector to test the pump/hoses away from the board by jumping a PSU? I assume the pump alone draws enough juice to not damage the CPU. I've run single fans this way before.

I have never damaged any components as a DIY and I would hate to start by installing something out of a box, turning the system on, and have liquid spraying over everything.

I love and trust Corsair products, but even a Bughatti can break down. :laughing:

Yes, just run the 3 pin pump lead to any motherboard header and out the case. You could also use a molex or SATA to 3 pin connector and go straight from the PSU. No need for fans in the leak test. If you decide to run from one of the board headers, set it to deliver a full 12v with whatever BIOS/Fan control you are using. That is the normal operational state.

Archived