The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corsair Link (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525) (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138007)

Technobeard 02-19-2015 08:58 PM

Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525)

This will be the official discussion thread for Version 3.1.5525.

This software release is primarily for the support of the new H80i GT and H100i GTX coolers. We are still working on software/firmware updates based on end user feedback and internal testing for other items. Please see the change log and known issues below.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:
  1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v3.1.5525, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Quote:

Please Note you must delete any saved Profiles and uninstall the old version and reboot the system before you install the latest software.
Quote:

• Uninstall the Corsair Link software through Windows Control Panel
  • Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"
  • Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair
    (This directory is also used to store custom profiles for other Corsair products. You may want to save this directory on a different location so you won’t lose other profiles)
  • Restart your system
  • Install the new Corsair Link software

2/19/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.1.5525

Change Log:
  • Add support for H80i GT and H100i GTX CPU Coolers.
  • Add multi-Language support. English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Russian supported.
  • Add a sliding bar to the graphing tab that allows for selection of the update interval in seconds from 1 to 60.
  • Remove "Send Email" portion of the notifications section from the program.
  • Correct a certain situation when a configuration window is open and a value is entered or changed then a mouse click happens outside the window it would change tabs.
  • Updated CPUID hardware detection backend for support of the latest hardware.

Known Issues:
  • There is a driver conflict between the new H80i GT/H100i GTX and the original Commander unit. The new software installs a new driver that is required for support of these units that interrupts the recognition of the Commander unit. A firmware update for the Commander will be issued with a new software release to address this issue.
  • SLI/Crossfire setups only show one GPU.
  • Registry edits needed to correctly discover certain USB devices (H80i and H100i) are not being correctly installed on some Win 8 systems. Manually editing the registry on these systems is still needed.
  • LED saved settings for “cycle color” not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a later release.
  • On certain Intel motherboards (Z87/Z97) that use the Intel USB 3.0 drivers it is necessary to change the “Legacy USB Support” to Disabled in BIOS for detection of the H80i/H100i/Commander units.
  • When changing to a new language the UI window will minimize to the system tray and stay minimized. To bring back the UI use the system tray and "Show Corsair Link".
  • RGB LED strips connected to a Commander Mini flash when a custom curve fan profile speed change takes place.
  • If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system!

After installing and launching v3.1.5525 in a system that has the older Corsair Link Commander unit, if the Commander unit is missing from C-Link software, you can follow the instructions listed below to fix this problem:
  • Exit C-link software from the C-Link ICON on system tray.
  • Open Windows device manager and find the problematic “Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device” on the USB device list.
  • Right click and select Update Driver Software.
  • Select Browse My Computer for Device Software Manually and hit Next.
  • Select Let Me Pick from list of device drivers on My computer and hit Next.
  • Select USB Input Device and hit Next. After that, Windows will successfully update driver back to correct one.
  • Restart C-Link software and Commander unit should appear back into C-Link software.

nh_790 02-20-2015 11:12 AM

Is there any changelog for 3.1.5525?

H100i detection is still hit and miss, it still asks you to save the profile every time its closed even if no changes have been made...

The LED blinking when fans set to custom curve seems to be fixed, which is great.

caymandive 02-20-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nh_790 (Post 761620)

H100i detection is still hit and miss, it still asks you to save the profile every time its closed even if no changes have been made...

The LED blinking when fans set to custom curve seems to be fixed, which is great.

Great to hear the LED blinking issue is resolved! Haven't had a chance to try this new version yet, but do you know if the update fixes:

1. The ability to display GPU temps for multiple cards vs just on
2. The annoying way Corsair Link doesn't save the position of the meters on the dashboard when resized.

nh_790 02-20-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caymandive (Post 761627)
Great to hear the LED blinking issue is resolved! Haven't had a chance to try this new version yet, but do you know if the update fixes:

2. The annoying way Corsair Link doesn't save the position of the meters on the dashboard when resized.

Cant test #1 i only have one GPU

For #2 i dont usually bother with setting it up with the PC image, after resetting or reinstalling 100 times i just dont bother anymore. But i put some fans on the PC image and resized a couple times and they went back to where i put them initially after maximizing again.

mrchips1 02-20-2015 12:53 PM

OK- Much better than before. The only, and I mean the only, complaint I have is:
The LED's don't boot from cold iron to the last saved profile unless your last saved profile was WHITE. If it was RED for example, it comes up pink. I imagine this is because it boots in WHITE then blends with the RED that was in last saved Profile. In order to sort this out, you have to go into the full program itself (not the one in the start menu) and toggle it to WHITE then back to RED. Also, the Profile button on the lower left is very sticky. But if you go into the Options page you can change them rather easily. This was not the case on the 2.XXX version. So, in that regard it is a little worse. All in all, it's livable, but still not completely right. However, we're moving in the right direction.

Specter 02-20-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caymandive (Post 761627)

#2 was fixed in 2.7.5361

Ian_Ann 02-20-2015 01:48 PM

Same s*** as before here.
None of the installed original corsair temp-sensors shows any value therefore there's no chance of getting a custom curve working with corsair link software.

(Even tried the unplug, install, reboot, replug thing and of course searched and deleted any corsair related entry on my rig before installing.)

Finally deinstalled everything, ran SIV, everything works fine.
Going to get a Aquaero next week albeit I really had hope on this major release candidate 3.X. :(:

alucard_24 02-20-2015 02:43 PM

Perfect! it works as the previous version = It doesn't work!
H100i Temp and cpu temps are 0C......

Technobeard 02-20-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nh_790 (Post 761620)

Yes, see above. I've merged posts into the correct thread.

hpvoltage 02-20-2015 06:12 PM

My Config:

Intel i7 4790k
Asus Z87-Deluxe
Corsair H100i
Corsair AXI 1200w

http://i.imgur.com/jyb9nu7.png
http://i.imgur.com/bWpDTEp.jpg

snfo 02-20-2015 06:17 PM

Business as usual.

hardinoto 02-20-2015 06:31 PM

OMG..not again!! Look @ the change logs, issues and install notes :bigeyes::mad:.. Whyyyy sooo :evil: many hassles to install and make it works (a bit).. it's like a crack man! ...
A never ending story. Very, very, very disappointed! Unbelievable... I pass

hax0rmort 02-20-2015 07:09 PM

same same shame

H100i not detected, so cannot control 4 fans.
Only detects 1 GPU.
Hard drives which temps are displayed correctly elsewhere are either 0 or 124C.

Did I say the H100i STILL was not detected?

BatJoe 02-20-2015 07:38 PM

Seems Corsair's priorities are to sell you new coolers than fix the issues with their old ones.

CircuitWizardry 02-20-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatJoe (Post 761746)
Seems Corsair's priorities are to sell you new coolers than fix the issues with their old ones.

It's definitely true they want to sell you new hardware. The issue, is that the new hardware doesn't work any better with Corsair Link, than the old hardware does!

We've been told for quite a while that the release of 3.x will improve a great many things. Sorry... just not seeing it. More same ole Corsair shoveling out more new ****** that doesn't seem to work with CL any better than the old.