The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corsair Link (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Corsair Link 4 has stopped working. - Windows 10 (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174353)

Hex. 01-28-2018 06:36 AM

Corsair Link 4 has stopped working. - Windows 10

Hello,

I have recently acquired 3x LL140 RGB Fans and have set them up all correctly.
I've installed Corsair Link 4 and discovered that whenever I try to open it, after 20 seconds or so - it "stops working".

I'd appreciate some help as soon as possible.

Thanks~
Hex.

DevBiker 01-28-2018 11:07 AM

Are you running any other monitoring tools?
HWInfo? HWMonitor? EVGA XOC? Anything?

DangerClose 01-28-2018 06:42 PM

From what I've read online, Corsair Link 4 causes many issues with other software programs such as Asus AiSuite, HWmonitor, etc. It really has to be the only software on the system, otherwise you'll get lockups / restarts / DPC Latency issues.

Hex. 01-28-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 937779)
Are you running any other monitoring tools?
HWInfo? HWMonitor? EVGA XOC? Anything?

I'm not using any monitoring tools besides NZXT's CAM - which I uninstalled, making no difference.
I've added a screenshot of my startup services to help solve the problem.

https://my.mixtape.moe/gvaemm.png

Cheers :D

DangerClose 01-28-2018 10:30 PM

My guess would be the Razer software, that is another known issue. Or maybe the steel series software? Also make sure USB drivers are up to date. Try removing one at a time, also download Latency Mon and run it to look for any hard pagefaults.

DevBiker 01-28-2018 10:36 PM

Hmmm ... doubtful that it's Razer. I'm running both Razer and SteellSeries without issues. Can you talk a look in C:\ProgramData\CLink4 to see if there are any log files in there?

LicSqualo 01-29-2018 04:18 AM

Try disable rainmeter

My 2 cents over Rainmeter... is the only that read from MB values and consequently can be in conflict with Link services.

Hex. 01-29-2018 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 937861)
Hmmm ... doubtful that it's Razer. I'm running both Razer and SteellSeries without issues. Can you talk a look in C:\ProgramData\CLink4 to see if there are any log files in there?

I've checked the logs, and below is a paste from Client_Error.log:

I have also tried disabling and uninstalling Razer Synapse, SteelSeries Engine 3 aswell as Rainmeter - all with no success.

2018-01-29 17:25:45.6877 | 10 | ENTHOOEVOLV | 4.9.4.28 | App | ->
System.Exception: Can't start ManagementEventWatcher
at CorsairLink4.Common.PowerManagementWatcher.<Start>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Cheers.

EDIT: The Lighting Node Pro works absolutely fine within Windows 7, which I have setup to tri-boot alongside Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

LicSqualo 01-29-2018 05:38 AM

I don't use CLink to control my Corsair hardware

Sorry Hex.
But unluckily I don't use Corsair Link Software ::pirate:: to control my Corsair hardware :o: (this is the 4th year!!! :D:).
This is the reason I can't help you, now, with this problem, seems too software related :eek::confused:.
Wait and perhaps DevBiker ;): can help you to solve your issue.
Or wait Corsair support here ;)
Have a nice day!
Lic

Hex. 01-29-2018 06:03 AM

Thanks buddy :D
I wish I didn't have to use Corsair Link either... the Rainbow Mode is too flashy for me x3

Paradox187 01-29-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LicSqualo (Post 937885)
Sorry Hex.
But unluckily I don't use Corsair Link Software ::pirate:: to control my Corsair hardware :o: (this is the 4th year!!! :D:).
This is the reason I can't help you, now, with this problem, seems too software related :eek::confused:.
Wait and perhaps DevBiker ;): can help you to solve your issue.
Or wait Corsair support here ;)
Have a nice day!
Lic

Sorry for the HiJack.
What do you use?

LicSqualo 01-29-2018 08:47 AM

Alternative software to control link hardware

Sorry, I can't here, is better for all of us. ;):
But you can search on this forum or/and also in google... is simple to find.
Good luck! :roll:

DevBiker 01-29-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex. (Post 937883)
I've checked the logs, and below is a paste from Client_Error.log:

I have also tried disabling and uninstalling Razer Synapse, SteelSeries Engine 3 aswell as Rainmeter - all with no success.

2018-01-29 17:25:45.6877 | 10 | ENTHOOEVOLV | 4.9.4.28 | App | ->
System.Exception: Can't start ManagementEventWatcher
at CorsairLink4.Common.PowerManagementWatcher.<Start>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Cheers.

EDIT: The Lighting Node Pro works absolutely fine within Windows 7, which I have setup to tri-boot alongside Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

Hmmm ... interesting. It's happening when Link is trying to register for notification of power events. Let me see if I can dig into this a bit; it may also be something that we need to get Corsair's feedback on.

Hex. 01-29-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 937932)
Hmmm ... interesting. It's happening when Link is trying to register for notification of power events. Let me see if I can dig into this a bit; it may also be something that we need to get Corsair's feedback on.

Thank you. :D

It would be good if you could just get a standalone version for only control of the Lighting Node Pro aswell as one for Fan Control etc.

DevBiker 01-30-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex. (Post 937991)
Thank you. :D

It would be good if you could just get a standalone version for only control of the Lighting Node Pro aswell as one for Fan Control etc.

Well, that I can't do.
Interestingly enough, the exception is thrown when it's trying to start a pretty standard WMI notification query for a power management event. It tries to start this 50 times and then throws the exception that you see.
I can't think of any good reason why this would fail ... WMI is pretty standard stuff on a Windows system and it really shouldn't fail unless there's an underlying issue with WMI.