Corsair Community

My h115i rgb platinum ml fans wont light up

JohnMatthews

Hey guys just finished my first build. When i turned my pc on everything lighted up, except for the two ml 140 fans from the h115i rgb platinum. Upon checking in icue it doesnt show an option to light them up. Just to clarify i have a commander pro and a led hub, however i did not connect the ml fans directly to the commander pro. I did the normal installation of the aio and then connected its usb cable to the commander pro. I dont know if thats the problem. As you may see in image 1 on icue my ml fans dont have the little rgb circles, but on image 2 my case do have them. Thanks for helping.

1783444534_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.8db0410031756e1e5608032ebf7bea62.png

1643175308_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.b929fa6e8cd567da87baae3f83a8d086.png

In picture 1 you have the hardware lighting tab selected. This will show you a display of what the lighting does when iCUE is not running (boot, wake, etc). It will give you a physical preview, but that is not setting the lighting. Make sure the lighting is applied to the fans in the lighting effects tab above.

However, you may not want to put the radiator fans on the cooler's RGB controller at all. This gives you two different lighting controllers (C-Pro and cooler) and two different systems. In short, you will always need to program both and they will not sync up on their own. You may wish to move the radiator fans to the small RGB Lighting Hub that connects to the Commander Pro. Then all 6 fans are on 1 controller and sequenced effects will be straightforward without the need for elaborate programming.

Yes, I also have it selected in the lightning effects. However, the fans still does not light up. What is better connecting the fan cable to the cable from the aio, and the fan rgb cable to the aio rgb cable. Or do i connect the aio fans cables [pwm and rgb] to the commander pro and led hub respectivelly,

936156469_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.cde6e379111f79baa8b78c72874280d5.png

Leave the fan power cables on the cooler. That will keep then running from the native coolant temp. Moving the lighting cables has benefits and also may shed some light on the current issue. If they don’t light up on the Commander Pro too, then there may be a problem with the fans.

When you select a hardware lighting option, it should show the effect in case when selected. Go into the settings tab for the cooler and see if there is s fan type or number setting, like on the C-Pro. You will need to change that to 6 ML if you move them to the RGB lighting hub.

• 2 months later...