Corsair Community

corsair ui link has stopped working

robandcathy

New to forums, was excited about getting my H100 and now overclocked cpu to a full gig, Cpu still stays under 70Cel. but at idle fans run loud, so I bought the fan and light controller, got it today and almost tripped to install it, when it was all said and done, downloaded software, installed as admin, only to get the error "ui link has stopped working" further info I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, have more then enough ram and cpu procesing power etc etc. I really hope not to get the answer that we do not support 64 bit or windows 7 seeing as 64 bit has been around as long as XP and wiindows 7 is almost 3 years old. Thanks for any responses

Rob

I also redownloaded and reinstalled just in case no luck also rebooted several times still nothing so I have a 140$ paper weight as of now :(:

• 2 weeks later...

I am also encountering this issue. I was able to configure the UI and save a copy of the profile I created, however when I restarted the system the following day the UI app will continue to crash(each time I try to start it). I too am running Win7 Ult 64bit, and using an H100 with Link.

I am wondering if the firmware update to the H100 may have caused the issue.

Any thoughts?

I may have found the issue. The xml profile file that is saved to my documents\corsair\corsairlink\ was creating an error when the profile was being loaded when the application was starting up. When I moved the file to another directory the application started without fail.

Since the profile file is an xml document, I removed all uppercase characters and spaces from the file name and the profile loaded fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got back my rma exchange unit today, 1. using the site today was horrific, just trying to download the software was a pain, so I installed the software and to my surprise it worked. I also have a lighting controler, The unit does not display any lighting options, any fan options, does not read sensors like as if they were not plugged in. I have a H100 but update only shows H60. Yes I did restart my computer and everything is plugged in correctly. Seems to me this is a way to shaft the consumer by rolling out a inferior product. Worst of it is I had to pay to ship the first one back, that did not work out of the box. I'm almost ready to say screw it and not buy any more products. On my first post Ramguy never responded. SO what is going on with Corsair? Is this a fly by night company? The guide to set this up and use it is also lame, but they have a great you tube video promoting the product. Just hate to spend 140$ for something thaqt does not work and seems corsair dont care unless its hurting their pocket. I think the development team is not qualified to do this, we are talking about fans and lights, not a complet O.S. :mad: FYI glad some of you got it to work somewhat. This product seem to be in beta so should we not get it for cheaper? but the video show a fully fuctional item. The program does not have a auto start option which means you have to load it up every time windows starts. Sorry if I seem bitchy but bought my first unit 5 weeks ago which was usless recieved my second unit today which seems better but usless and dont feel like paying postage again to get another unit and wait 3 weeks. Corsair does not offer cross shipping which is sad. My asus MB went down a long time ago I had a new on THREE day from my call. Granted this is not as important but still a widely used agenda for a better customer expirence, which I'm not having.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got the program working yesterday after more then a week of playing with install, dont ask me how, because I don't honestly know, stars aligned just right, set up some profiles etc, played with lighting everything seemed to work except fan speed. Today I decide to get to know the program better so when it does finally work I can quickly set everything up. opened ok while I was playing my computer froze solid, almost never happens, control alt delete did not even help. so pushed the power button, reboted, now everything in dashboard is flashing red. No connection to lights or the h100, or the fan controller. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software no luck. This would be the second unit I have to send back and I'm not paying postage, corsair can send me a prepaid stamp, UGH Not sure this product worth all the agravation and money.

so uninstalled software, pulled power cable and let it sit over night, installed software this morning and guess what? Its bricked :eek: Now this will be second one I have to replace :mad: Ramguy I am not paying postage to ship back a product that is faulty from get go, I would also like to be reimbursed for the shipping costs for first one. RMA here we go. UGH corsair should just recall all the units!! refund our money plus 10% for our troubles and relaunch the product when ready.:evil:

There is a small LED on the back of the main unit (Commander) that should be green if it is properly communicating via USB. If it is red, the communication is not happening. This would explain all the red boxes as the software no longer sees an addressable device and because you have a stored profile it is trying to find all those devices/inputs. Simply unplugging the Commander and plugging it back in will reset the device. If it is does not come back after a power cycle, it is more than likely "bricked" as the other outcome that the default Windows HID driver is not loading properly, rarely, if ever, happens.

all ready did rma, windows started to say something about device usb communaction, where nothig has changed on my computer,all other usb devices work fine. which was nail in coffin. I tried different usb ports, but could not communicate. Bricked, ugh going on third unit. On the bright side I had one day of use, the first unit never worked out of the box.

• Corsair Employee

Can you contact our Tech support and request to speak with Ram Guy I would like to see this unit to see what may have caused the problem?

If not please post your case number and I will contact you, just please put your phone number in your case.

Ok Mr. Ram Guy yesterday I called and waited n waited finally after 20 questions I was told you were in a meeting, gave info and was told you would call back, over 24hr n still waiting?? fyi you didnt try but in case you do im not home till 4pm central time. Look after all my moaning on forums I'm trying to be proactive and help you figure it out, the least you can do is show a little respect and call back. I spent my money and am going out of my way to help you fix try to fix the problem which is not my job, so work with me please. I'm all ready even more upset because I submitted a rma on monday, which to my surprise I found out after calling yesterday was on hold because of a address issue, no email from corsair saying there was a problem!!!! the worst of it is that you all ready shipped two units to me, so dont understand where issue was, same email, same name, same address, but this is probably for yet another dept. UGH if I get divorced cuz of corsair I expect you guys to pick up the tab :eek: I still want a prepaid return shipping label for rma!!! not paying a second time, can admin or employee please look into this.

I still want a prepaid return shipping label for rma!!! not paying a second time, can admin or employee please look into this.

they will paay for shipping on second RMA's but you will have to call CS and discuss that with them. There is no one here that monitors the forums that can do that.

Give RG a chance. If he said he'll call , he will. He's one guy with a million jobs.

I've seen it time after time, he does his best to take care of people.

Amazingly I got my third unit today, and the second one started to function, altough it does not read pump rpm and only one of the two identical corsair fans rpm. Ill still be sending it back so maybe you can figure it out, they say third times a charm, lets hope so.

So on February 15th you said a new version of your software would be released later this month (I take this to mean by February 29th) fixing this issue. Its is now March 31st and the issue is still not solved. Can we please get an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved and released to the public. The Corsair Link UI was one of the reasons I bought the Corsair Link in the first place. Please fix this issue. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Archived