The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cooling (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO Pump LED Flickering (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188158)

alrikdale 06-15-2019 02:14 AM

H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO Pump LED Flickering

Anybody having a problem with H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO Pump LED Flickering. I have the LED Light set to white however it's been flickering to a amber orangish color. I have Uninstalled ICUE and have Re Installed the software, Tried a different USB Header on my Motherboard and the issue still persists. Also this is like my third replacement of this AIO and this same kind of issue is still happening like on the others where the AIO LED is Flickering to a different color. Is this a software issue or a hardware issue? .

Gronar 06-15-2019 07:52 AM

I think this is hardware, I had this issue also. To resolve it I ran the USB cable from the pump out the back of the case and into the motherboard USB ports on the rear. No flickering after that. Then I got an internal powered USB hub that I connected to the motherboard and now have both my CoPro's and AIO hooked up to it, again no flickering.

DevBiker 06-15-2019 08:24 AM

It's a hardware issue with the AsMedia USB ports on the AMD motherboards.

alrikdale 06-15-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gronar (Post 1008053)
I think this is hardware, I had this issue also. To resolve it I ran the USB cable from the pump out the back of the case and into the motherboard USB ports on the rear. No flickering after that. Then I got an internal powered USB hub that I connected to the motherboard and now have both my CoPro's and AIO hooked up to it, again no flickering.

Thanks for the reply, I did try that out before when I contacted support and they instructed me to perform that as well. However even doing os the flickering still persisted. Is this a asrock mobo problem?

alrikdale 06-15-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 1008058)
It's a hardware issue with the AsMedia USB ports on the AMD motherboards.

Any idea on how I might be able to resolve it so the LED wont flicker anymore?
My corsair LL120 Fans are plugged into the hub and into the usb port on the motherboard and have no issues at all. Just the led light on the pump.

Gronar 06-17-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alrikdale (Post 1008107)
Any idea on how I might be able to resolve it so the LED wont flicker anymore?
My corsair LL120 Fans are plugged into the hub and into the usb port on the motherboard and have no issues at all. Just the led light on the pump.

You can try what I did, get a cheap internal powered USB hub. Got one for $20 at Fry's that you connect it to the motherboard USB header, a SATA power connection and then I have both my CoPro's and my AIO plugged into it. No more flicker.

ram1220 06-17-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gronar (Post 1008252)
You can try what I did, get a cheap internal powered USB hub. Got one for $20 at Fry's that you connect it to the motherboard USB header, a SATA power connection and then I have both my CoPro's and my AIO plugged into it. No more flicker.

I did the same thing. Works great :)

alrikdale 06-17-2019 09:30 PM

Thank for the replys, I just bought the NZXT Internal USB Hub and see if that works when it comes in the mail.

linx80 08-05-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alrikdale (Post 1008371)
Thank for the replys, I just bought the NZXT Internal USB Hub and see if that works when it comes in the mail.

Got the same problem as mentioned above. I also got the NZXT Internal USB Hub and got that problem. My biggest issue is that only have one internal usb header so i can't test in any other way.
Looking for help!

Illrunyou 09-23-2019 11:13 AM

I am having this issue now too...when I boot to the bios in stays normal but once I boot to the desktop it flickers. I was not having this issue about a month ago. I had to RMA my motherboard and now I am having this issue when it was returned...