Corsair Community

RMA Enquiry From the UK

Pling

Hi, New to the forums and would just like to know i have some corsair Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB 8GB Total 1600MHz Ram which is over a year old. I am getting faults with them causing the computer to crash. The question i would like to know is i no longer have the receipt as the company i bought them from (Comet). Closing down so unable to recover an invoice i am wondering will this be a problem in trying to get these repaired or should i just start looking to buy some replacement ram now.

Did you purchase online? If so, does your e-mail have any sort of confirmation? Or was Comet a store front you went into?

You should always keep receipts in a safe place for anything that is under warranty. I have had Corsair ask me for the receipts or invoice before, and I have also had them not ask for them and just process the RMA regardless.

Did you run Memtest and did the RAM fail within the test?

Are you sure they are running at correct speeds? A lot of motherboards will run RAM at 1333MHz even though it's rated for 1600MHz. Have you tried changing settings in BIOS to run RAM at appropriate speeds?

Good luck to you.

I have tried running at different speeds tried changing it to a spare motherboard from another machine what is happening is some sort of short, where at random intervals the blue screen of death comes up and the error code keeps telling me that their was a failure in primary memory, looking that up it shows that is slow 1 and 2 on my mother board with secondary memory being slots 3 and 4. I haven't run Memtest as didn't know that was a diagnostic test, thought it was more of a over clocking test. I bought it in store but because they printed on cheap thermal paper rather than a proper inkjet paper the receipt has completely faded away, the only thing that makes me think it is that receipt is the date and the large price i paid.

The only other thing it could be is that the second motherboard was also tested within a work environment and i believe that the motherboard is set to an over clock spec unfortunately due to nature of my work i can't really take this machine off line to reset for me my livelihood is all online the only thing i can think of is maybe testing on a store bought computer but might take a while. Can anyone provide me with any information on why the memory would fail randomly sometime it works for a period of time and then fail and sometimes not at all. Could it be a software issue contributing to this ?

k thanks will do that as soon as i can, anyone know where the closest corsair facility that handles replacements and repairs is i don't really want to wait and pay the price of sending it to america anyone know if their is a european facility or sub contractor?

k thanks will do that as soon as i can, anyone know where the closest corsair facility that handles replacements and repairs is i don't really want to wait and pay the price of sending it to america anyone know if their is a european facility or sub contractor?

Again, PLEASE address your RMA questions in a support ticket. Only CSG can give you the appropriate answers for these types of questions. It is all processed and handled thru the support ticket system. ::pirate::

Archived