Corsair Community

Noctua NF-A14 PWM doesn't work with Corsair H110i?

mitkinkerman

Recently I bought 2 new Noctua NF-A14 140mm fans as a replacement for the default h110i fans but when I connect the two fans into h110i,only one of them are working,the other one doesn't spin and can't be read from Corsair Link.So I decided to put back my default corsair fans and they work flawlessly,please help?

Do they work if you plug them in one at a time, i.e. just plug fan 1 into header 1 then just plug fan 2 into header 2 of the H110i cable?

How does it get power? Is it via the motherboard header, in which case is it set for full power in the Bios or via a Sata cable? If it's a Sata cable is it plugged in properly, or can you try a different SATA cable?

No,both of the Noctua fans work flawlessly when I connect them to fan headers on my motherboard,it just doesn't work with h110i's 2 4-pin headers

All I can think of is that the H110i is detecting the fan/fan as 3-pin voltage rather than 4-pin PWM.

The only way I know to easily find out is to run my SIV utility and check what the mode is.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28039&stc=1&d=1488456434

891532916_3-pinvoltageor4-pinPWM.thumb.png.de25ec8888bf4c2e3c03462945021018.png

Archived