Corsair Community

Is an iCUE compatible Motherboard a thin?

Brad007

Hey people,

I have never written in a forum before and I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this.

Here's the thing, I'm am planning on doing my first build ever and I've been doing so much research on anything and everything, including RGB stuff which is why I want to do the full corsair RGB build. I noticed the MSI has a corsair header on their motherboards and I assume its for iCUE stuff.

Its fine if I control the moherboard RGB and GPU RGB independent of the corsair stuff. but my concern is I won't be able to connect and control all my iCUE items and use the full advantage of the iCUE software of syncing them together to make cool custom profiles and not the generic preset ones.

I know this is a lot and not exactly laid out well...

So to sum it up I guess. I need a motherboard that will let me use the 6 case fans, the AIO (2 of those fans are on here), the RAM, and any LED strips I install to be synced through iCUE.

Thank you!! :P

The Corsair header on MSI motherboards will allow you to control Corsair RGB devices from MSI Mystic Light. They are not controlled by iCUE.

Beyond that ... Corsair devices should work with any motherboard that has enough USB ports. Since you've not been specific about the exact parts you are looking at, we can't say anything beyond that. For example ... what fans? what aio? what motherboard? Have you purchased anything?

And check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880.

Archived