The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cooling (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   H115i RGB still powered on shutdown (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183468)

Remorph 12-14-2018 02:44 AM

H115i RGB still powered on shutdown
 
Hello corsair forum.



I just installed my new H115i on my Asus z370-g mobo and the led's on the aio wont stop reciving power when the pc is shutdown. I disabled fast boot and enabled ErP Ready for s4+s5 in bios. It is even still powered when the PSU is shtoff and the cable is plugged out. Does anyone have a fix for this, as i would like to sleep without my room lighting up in red.



Thanks!

DevBiker 12-14-2018 08:47 AM

That's quite odd. It's not a device thing though - it doesn't have a battery. Somehow, someway, it's still getting power from the SATA connection. There's no other way that this could happen.

Remorph 12-14-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 985345)
That's quite odd. It's not a device thing though - it doesn't have a battery. Somehow, someway, it's still getting power from the SATA connection. There's no other way that this could happen.

Thanks for the repley.
Its now been 10 hours since i shutdown the computer and unplugged the psu and its still going strong. Do you think that it might be a PSU problem? I would hate to manually unplug the satapower from the AIO when i log off. Also, why havent corsair implemented a "turn off on shutdown" like Aura has done with my mobo rgb.

DevBiker 12-14-2018 03:05 PM

It turns off when it doesn't get any power. That should happen at shutdown. The motherboard needs a separate setting for that because it will still get +5V power on standby. But a SATA device doesn't need that.

So yes, I would look at your PSU. Somehow, the cooler is getting power on the SATA +5V rail. If your PSU is shut off at the switch, that shouldn't be happening. If it's unplugged, that really shouldn't be happening.

Remorph 12-15-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 985392)
It turns off when it doesn't get any power. That should happen at shutdown. The motherboard needs a separate setting for that because it will still get +5V power on standby. But a SATA device doesn't need that.

So yes, I would look at your PSU. Somehow, the cooler is getting power on the SATA +5V rail. If your PSU is shut off at the switch, that shouldn't be happening. If it's unplugged, that really shouldn't be happening.

I posted a thread on another forum too and one of them said that the caps on the mobo still offers power to the usb connections even with psu turned off. Doesnt the cooler get the power from the sata and not the usb?

DevBiker 12-15-2018 02:03 AM

Yes, the power for the LEDs comes from the SATA power, not the USB.

Remorph 12-20-2018 05:35 AM

Hey DevBiker.

I noticed that my xbox controller is ligthening up when s4+s4 erp is on. My keyboard does only occoasinally light up with it turned up. Does this all come down to a bad mobo or is my whole system just broken from factory.. also the pump does some very annoying noises, almost like coilwhine

DevBiker 12-20-2018 09:07 AM

I suspect it has something to do with the ErP setting. It's a bit mysterious to me so I can't even begin to give you guidance on it ... but I've seen it mentioned in other places as well.

I don't think that it's a bad anything ... just a configuration tweak that needs to be figured out.

As for the noise ... I can't tell you. The pumps do make noise - that's unavoidable - but usually it isn't very noticeable, especially when fans are running.

Remorph 12-20-2018 10:33 AM

Thank you very much for your help.

I submitted a ticket with corsair support about the pump. I can hear the noise 2 meters away with the system running in my fractal design meshify c mini

Nbols 12-27-2018 03:08 AM

Hello,

I had the exact same thing and it turned out to be the erp setting in the BIOS. It was on Auto but needed to be on “enabled” specifically.

Remorph 04-16-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevBiker (Post 986306)
I suspect it has something to do with the ErP setting. It's a bit mysterious to me so I can't even begin to give you guidance on it ... but I've seen it mentioned in other places as well.

I don't think that it's a bad anything ... just a configuration tweak that needs to be figured out.

As for the noise ... I can't tell you. The pumps do make noise - that's unavoidable - but usually it isn't very noticeable, especially when fans are running.

I got the H115i platinum RMA with my k95 keyboard (im so unlucky when it comes to broken upon arrivals). Anyways, i found out that the new DisplayPort cable i bought kept the H115i's lights on when the computer was shutdown. Dont know why, but i've gone back to my old (but broken) cable again.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.