Corsair Community

Has the issue of dead LEDs been resolved?

GammaLazer

Hi I am planning to buy corsair vengeance k70 cherry mx brown switches (Non RGB) keyboard. So I have few questions which I would like to get cleared before making the purchase:

1. Does the issue of LEDs dying still exits in 2015?
  2. Does it come with old logo?
  3. I am unable to find it in India, so if i buy it through amazon usa will i get warranty? Like RMA through indian service centres ?
  4. Does it carry international replacement warranty?

Thanks.

1) I haven't seen many people post about dead LEDs in the forum lately, but other than that I can't really give you any more specific answer.

2) You might be able to find some store that still has some stock with the old sails logo version but the majority all have the new gaming logo.

3-4) You'll probably have to RMA it directly to USA but I don't really know. It's best to ask both questions to Corsair directly with a ticket/email/call.

So I bought my K70 about 2 months ago. I'm really only using green and blue for my set-up; with the occasional red thrown in. No problems with the LEDs yet. Must say the LEDs beneath the numbers along the top are not adequately positioned. They appear a bit dull.

I managed to nab myself a Sails logo one from a popular UK store. (just checked I'm not breaking the rules) I bought it from scan.co.uk .. http://www.scan.co.uk/search.aspx?q=CH-9000093-UK

I don't know about the RMA/warranty.

Okay so I contacted the corsair live chat support and got the following reply:

Raymond C: 1. The LED dying is not an apparent issue, however, if you encounter any issue, it has a 2 years manufacturer warranty. We no longer carry the blue led for that specific model. It has been replaced with a Red LED version.

2. Yes it does.

3. Yes it will have the 2 years manufacturer warranty and yes we have an India service center.

4. Yes warranty is valid globally.

Please close this thread and thanks.

So I bought my K70 about 2 months ago. I'm really only using green and blue for my set-up; with the occasional red thrown in. No problems with the LEDs yet. Must say the LEDs beneath the numbers along the top are not adequately positioned. They appear a bit dull.

I managed to nab myself a Sails logo one from a popular UK store. (just checked I'm not breaking the rules) I bought it from scan.co.uk .. http://www.scan.co.uk/search.aspx?q=CH-9000093-UK

I don't know about the RMA/warranty.

The RGB version does not have any problems with led. Apparently it was with non RGB blue only LEDs versions only.

The RGB version does not have any problems with led. Apparently it was with non RGB blue only LEDs versions only.

You seem quite certain.

I sent my K70 RGB back with a couple of keys with dodgy LEDs. I`ve seen a few other reports of faulty RGB LEDs.

I had a couple of dodgy LEDs. Fact. You stated "The RGB version does not have any problems with led". That's not a true fact.

You seem quite certain.

I sent my K70 RGB back with a couple of keys with dodgy LEDs. I`ve seen a few other reports of faulty RGB LEDs.

I had a couple of dodgy LEDs. Fact. You stated "The RGB version does not have any problems with led". That's not a true fact.

Nothing is perfect in electronics. But still I have not heard much issues with RGB as were with blue led version and huge number of RMAs forced corsair to discontinue the product even.

Archived